or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

Head Light Dipped Beam not working. "Dipped beam bulb faulty"

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
FireWalker   
Tue Nov 05 2019, 08:08am
Member No: #54956
This one is a bit of a head-scratcher but I hope maybe someone has had a similar issue and resolved it. Please bear with me as it is a bit of a long story.

OK so the other night I get into the car and I get the error message "Dipped beam bulb faulty". So I get out of the car and see that the passenger side bulb isn't lit.
So I go to a garage and buy a replacement bulb, fit it and no change still out.
I changed the good lamp on the drivers side with the suspected faulty passenger side one and Hey Presto the lamp works.
I then buy replacement 15 amp fuses and replace the passenger side Dipped Beam fuse in the engine compartment fuse box and still no luck. However when I hit the high beam the light works. So new bulb and new fuse and still no joy. I did notice that the same night my radio had lost all it's settings even though the battery wasn't disconnected nor was the car started or moved.
All cables are good and the lamp connector is good so everything should work.
all the other lights on the car are ok.
Does anyone have any ideas??
routemaster1   
Tue Nov 05 2019, 08:55am
Member No: #574
Sorry, I'm not clear on something here. You say the passenger's side light wasn't working, but when you switched the bulbs the passenger's side worked, but the driver's side didn't? If this is correct you have no electrical fault and it must be something to do with the bulbs. If you fit the 'faulty' new bulb to the driver's side does it work? If not it would appear that you have two faulty bulbs.
FireWalker   
Tue Nov 05 2019, 12:04pm
Member No: #54956
routemaster1 wrote ...

Sorry, I'm not clear on something here. You say the passenger's side light wasn't working, but when you switched the bulbs the passenger's side worked, but the driver's side didn't? If this is correct you have no electrical fault and it must be something to do with the bulbs. If you fit the 'faulty' new bulb to the driver's side does it work? If not it would appear that you have two faulty bulbs.

For the sake of clarity, the suspected faulty lamp which I had removed from the passenger side and placed in my pocket was then placed into the lamp holder on the drivers side and worked, while both the new bulb and subsequently the good buld which I removed from the drivers side both failed to work in the passenger side holder.
I hope this illuminates, if you pardon the pun, the situation.
routemaster1   
Tue Nov 05 2019, 02:07pm
Member No: #574
Thanks for the clarification. Have you checked the voltage with a multimeter?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member