or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Coupe Hatch and General Questions

Axel stand postions

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Ratdogfink   
Sun Dec 29 2019, 10:53am
Member No: #27892
Hi
I have searched and searched but there does not seem to be any post to answer the many questions of where to put axle stands.

Many posts have "I put them where the jacking points are", A bit of a strange answer as there is a jack there, unless they mean, "jack up the car at the jacking point. Put it back down again. Remove the jack and put an axle stand at the jacking point with the car back down".

So does anyone know where to put axels stands, front and back to get all four wheels off the ground, I want to go under the car. Pictures are good.

Regards

RDF.
vexorg   
Sun Dec 29 2019, 04:41pm
Member No: #48843
I usually go for the subframe mounting points when in doubt, they tend to be pretty beefy points on most cars.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member