or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Coupe and Hatch (pre 2011) Problems?

Airco Dillema?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
bagi.chat   
Thu Oct 24 2019, 01:22pm
Member No: #54891
On my recently purchased C4 II 1.6 88/120 I've went to a garage to get the Airco refilled as it was not working.
After the refill they ran a "quick test" by blowing the airco on max and as it turns out the garage folks said the compressor is broken - quoting "There is no click sound - means the compressor is dead".
The system is fully filled now, however that judgment was made immediately - without further testing and checking power/electric/fuses/sensors.

I've wanted to ask y'all esteemed C4 owners and seek your wisdom what would be the logical sequence of testing out things bits and pieces to eliminate issues before ordering a replacement compressor?

After doing some research I'm thinking to check/replace both fuses in both fuses boxes (interior/battery) and also try to swap the AV Pressure sensor to see if that would make a difference.

One thing i've noticed is that when I turn on the rear window heater - almost immediately turns on, that pulls me towards an electric failure.
I've created a video of how that looks https://imgur.com/76xfQH8

What would be your take on this?

iscom   
Thu Oct 24 2019, 01:48pm
Member No: #20936
I think it's always best to get a second opinion . . I don't think modern air cons have that "click" now, I cant recall hearing it, like I use to on my other Citroens

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member