or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

C4 Pic 2014 Exclusive (B78) - Fuel Pressure Issue ?? I think ??

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
zane2g   
Wed Oct 23 2019, 02:02am
Member No: #24278
Good morning you lovely people

Driving the car this morning and I had a couple of warning throw up on the display...
"Engine Fault: Have the vehicle repaired"
and
"" ESP/ASR system fault"

The esp I believe is the braking system. But the odd thing is that brakes are fine.

The big one is the Engine Fault. The engine is the 1.6 hdi Diesel.
The car drives ok until it is under load.
Driving at approx 30-40mph then put your foot down it starts to have a mild stutter.
Lift your foot off and it the engine revs ok.
Put your foot down again and the mild stutter returns.
It's almost feels like a miss fire.

I have an OBD2 reader and after updating it, it shows a code of P0087 which I believe is a low pressure fuel problem.

Would any of you lovely people have any ideas what could be causing this issue.
I'm thinking of having the Fuel Filter replaced and emptying & replacing any fuel in the tank, just to be on the safe side.
Samber79   
Thu Oct 31 2019, 09:17am
Member No: #52318
Im no expert at all but check all the hoses. I had the engine warning light on the display and it was a small leak from a vacum hose. Might be worth a try

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member