or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

No heat on drivers side SORTED

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Wutang   
Mon Oct 21 2019, 03:30am
Member No: #46858
Finally got round to stripping things down and investigating why I could only get cold air on the drivers side in my car. checked all the electronics, servos, connections etc all working fine.

after detailed study of how it works I noticed that I would get a small amount of warm air on drivers side on first starting which was being generated by the auxillary electric element, once the coolant temp reaches a certain temp this switches off and I was then back to cold air drivers and warm air passenger side. so pulled the heater matrix out, looked fine but upon testing with hot water only the first 2 inches got hot.

New matrix inserted and I now have Hot air both sides!

I will now descale the old heater matrix to a usable state and sell it on the bay of E.

Nice to be warm again.

Guessing before my ownership someone has poured something they shouldn't have through the cooling system and as the channels in the matrix are tiny all the gunk and rubbish has ended up there.

Richard
2 User said Thank You to Wutang for this Post :
 BigJohnD (21 Oct 2019 : 05:51) , jsg1163 (21 Oct 2019 : 17:13)
iscom   
Mon Oct 21 2019, 04:34am
Member No: #20936
Its good that you have the knowledge to carry out such a job . . it's a pity you do not say what car you have ie year and engine
Wutang   
Tue Oct 22 2019, 05:35am
Member No: #46858
2014 exclusive plus 2.0 blue hdi eat6 grand c4 Picasso

beemanga   
Wed Oct 23 2019, 10:13am
Member No: #41746
My car is basically the same as yours, my heater is working both sides but I find that if I set it to auto, I have to put the temp up to 23 or more to warm the cabin up well. Most other cars I've been in are quite warm at 21 or 22 but my Picasso is quite cool when set at that temp.
iscom   
Wed Oct 23 2019, 10:42am
Member No: #20936
I think if you set it to 21c it will heat to max tep of the water coming out of the vents till the cabin reaches 21c then maintain the cabin temp at 21c

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member