or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

C4 Picasso 2014 rear windows sunshade catalogue number?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Motorbreath   
Tue Oct 22 2019, 02:58am
Member No: #53632
My child broke the one of the 2 plastic "pins" that hold up the sunshade on top. The original sunshade that rolls from the door. Can anyone help me find the catalogue number so I can look up if I could find the part online?

Here is the picture of the sunshade,

Thank you!
Richard_C   
Tue Oct 22 2019, 04:36am
Member No: #46470
The service citroen website shows it as a complete assembly - roller, blind and clip all in one. No separate part number for the broken piece.

SUN BLIND LEFT: 16 096 746 80
SUN BLIND RIGHT: 16 096 745 80

Unless the part is easily to get and fit, I would have a go at fixing it myself, it can't make it worse. It's c. 3mm diameter but that is not critical, the thing it sits in is a bit bigger.

I would break off whats left, use a pointy-thing to make a centre indentation then carefully drill through with a 2.5mm bit. Either go to half way, or if its going well drill all the way through including removing the other pin.

Then you need to find something the right size, either some steel or brass rod if you have a box of bits, a length of knitting needle or cut a straight bit out of a wire coat hanger - easily done with pliers and a bit of rapid bending if you don't have proper cutters. Or just leave the drill bit in if its not too long.

1 User said Thank You to Richard_C for this Post :
 Motorbreath (22 Oct 2019 : 04:42)
Motorbreath   
Tue Oct 22 2019, 04:42am
Member No: #53632
Thank you for the kind advice, I will go and fix it myself...
iscom   
Tue Oct 22 2019, 04:30pm
Member No: #20936
Just looking at this post my first thought was the pin of a "Pop Rivet"

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member