or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

Strange grinding/rattling noise 1,2,3 gear

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Dysart2142   
Tue Oct 15 2019, 10:42am
Member No: #54827
So, an odd one the car a 58 plate grand piccasso has been faultless and then suddenly on friday began making a rattling/grinding noise coming from what I think is the gearbox or transmission (passenger side big silver thing).
The car runs absolutely fine still and is just making the noise in 1st 2nd and 3rd gear 4th and 5 are fine no noise, what could it be?
The sound d only comes after a little while and gets progressively worse until it's just embarrassing to drive it anywhere (when not in 4th or 5th they are now my favourite gears)
Terrified of huge repair bills, any idea on what might be wrong ?
Thanks in advance
rusky   
Tue Oct 15 2019, 12:16pm
Member No: #27768
It could be a failing DMF but that's really a guess, you need to get a garage to look at it.
routemaster1   
Sat Oct 19 2019, 06:39am
Member No: #574
Dysart2142 wrote ...

So, an odd one the car a 58 plate grand piccasso has been faultless and then suddenly on friday began making a rattling/grinding noise coming from what I think is the gearbox or transmission (passenger side big silver thing).
The car runs absolutely fine still and is just making the noise in 1st 2nd and 3rd gear 4th and 5 are fine no noise, what could it be?
The sound d only comes after a little while and gets progressively worse until it's just embarrassing to drive it anywhere (when not in 4th or 5th they are now my favourite gears)
Terrified of huge repair bills, any idea on what might be wrong ?
Thanks in advance

A bit more info would help. Is it a 2.0HDi with EGS box? If so it could be gearbox bearings.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member