or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Key works - sometimes

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
jez206   
Sat Oct 12 2019, 06:10pm
Member No: #54810
My main key for my C4 Grand Picasso stopped working recently. It will not open or lock the car upon pressing the remote buttons, nor will it be recognised as present when I put my hand behind the door handle.

However if I unlock the car with my spare key, now the original key works perfectly.

Yet the next day it's back to not working.

I haven't run any strict tests, but the "active" time seems to be several hours.

Any ideas?
Mrfixit   
Sat Oct 12 2019, 11:42pm
Member No: #36597
Change the Key battery it is a CR-2032 3V mine was the same the old battery was 2.92v and a New one is 3.35v hope this helps.
Richard_C   
Sun Oct 13 2019, 11:26am
Member No: #46470
Agree. It's getting colder at night, battery efficiency drops off with temperature so it may work or not depending on how warm the key is. Next day=next morning perhaps? Time for a new one.

Inexpensive easy diy first step.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member