or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

C4 picasso 2016 bluehdi service light

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Masne   
Fri Oct 11 2019, 01:08pm
Member No: #54802
Hi all,

I recently bought c4p, 2016 1.6 hdi 120 bhp. Had urea warning 1500,1200 and 900 km warning. When i topped fuel, wanted to reset trips and pressed wrench(didn't know at that time that trips are reseting on wipers) It said 18000 km to service, and error regarding emission. I had 10l adblue top up, urea light disappeared, but service light stayed up. Tried to reset it again, didn't worked. Tried to take some km on it, so emission goes back to normal level, but still after 300 km it won't go off. The service light is always on glowing red. When i press wrench to see error, service in 18k km, engine fault, repair vehicle, and emission liquid level is greater than 5000km.
Can somebody please share opinion /experience? Thank you in advance. Regards.
routemaster1   
Fri Oct 11 2019, 03:09pm
Member No: #574
You do not reset the Adblue warning. Filling with more than 5L of Adblue should register on the system and should cancel the countdown. I'm not sure if you should get the Service light on with low Adblue. Unfortunately there are problems with the Adblue pumps, which require fitting of a new tank. If that is the problem, expect a big bill unless you have a warranty.

Unfortunately if the countdown continues to zero the car will not start. I would suggest a visit to Citroen as soon as possible.
Masne   
Fri Oct 11 2019, 06:00pm
@routemaster1 thanks for answering. Urea light was on, service wasn't on. I drove to 900km, I wasn't going to zero with countdown. Service light didn't showed until I pressed wrench. After that, I tanked 10l. Urea light is off, but service light is still on. Pump should be ok, there is no vibration at the back, and cap on tank is newer version (which replaced faulty ones). I'm positive that service light is caused by my pressing (long press), because it showed second after I released it.
Does c4p bluehdi have additional liquid for emission, except adblue?
routemaster1   
Sat Oct 12 2019, 02:38am
Member No: #574
Masne wrote ...

@routemaster1 thanks for answering. Urea light was on, service wasn't on. I drove to 900km, I wasn't going to zero with countdown. Service light didn't showed until I pressed wrench. After that, I tanked 10l. Urea light is off, but service light is still on. Pump should be ok, there is no vibration at the back, and cap on tank is newer version (which replaced faulty ones). I'm positive that service light is caused by my pressing (long press), because it showed second after I released it.
Does c4p bluehdi have additional liquid for emission, except adblue?

Yes, it has the EOLYS system, which is there to assist with the particle filter regeneration. This should last 80,000 miles (1500 km) and is usually indicated by a warning for blockage of the particle filter.
Masne   
Sat Oct 12 2019, 04:23am
@routemaster1 thanks for the info. I don't have that icon on screen. Diagnostic just say emission level is higher. I will try to fill the tank completely, and see if it's going to help. If nothing, I will see another service to check dpf and tank. Thank you

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member