or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions Coupe and Hatch Pre 2012 and C4 Picasso :: ICE / Sat Nav/Bluetooth etc.

Damn aerial.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Suffolk   
Thu Oct 10 2019, 12:41pm
Member No: #30199
2010 C4 pic. rubbish reception upon investigation the fakra at the end of the coax was damaged. I couldn't source just the socket so bought an extension and cut a decent amount off to join. OK it was just twisted together but still just got the hiss. Read up and removed the rear roof fin, PCB looked like water damage so bought new base direct form Cit dealer ( £40 ) . fitted and no difference.
Im told and have read the hiss means the cable is earthing out. Whats the next step, will only be keeping the vehicle another year or so, if longer would be going for DAB .
Do I try running a new length of cable from front to rear, how can i test whats failing? im no auto electrician. HELP chaps.
Bilazaurus   
Sun Oct 13 2019, 01:05pm
Member No: #50778
I never had factory radio since I bought my C4 GP, but you could try pulling your unit out, finding where's the radio reception cable, cut it temporarily so you could just twist the cable from head unit with a completely different cable that could do for an antenna. If gets better , then it's your existing cable.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member