or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

Anti perforation Warranty

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
northspoon   
Sun Sep 29 2019, 03:27am
Member No: #4689
My C4 GP is now approaching being 4 years old, so will need a service and MOT. I have noticed from the service booklet, that it also needs an inspection of the bodywork for the warranty.

My Citroen dealership told me that they don't have a bodyshop to do this inspection and couldn't tell me how to get this done and if there is a cost.

I phoned Citroen Customer Care and they couldn't asnwer the question either, just telling me to contact the dealer.

Has anyone here had this inspection carried out and does it cost?
northspoon   
Tue Oct 01 2019, 03:22am
Member No: #4689
From the lack of replies, do I assume nobody has had the inspection carried out?
theeblaster   
Wed Oct 23 2019, 08:21am
Member No: #54884
This may help,
My Car has developed paint peel under NSR wheel arch also on both bottom area of the front wheel arches were you would normally have a mudflap and better plastic protection to cover the exposed paint from tyres, the area where the inner arch lining is short and exposes paint to chips and stones from good treaded tyres, the rubberised protection they have applied around this area has chipped & bubbled and is letting water lift the paint, I also have rust from within, or inside out rust as Citroen like to say what the warranty covers, on the bottom of my door on the underside, I have sent a letter to head office, they told me to check at my local dealer, they all admit that their is a paint fault, I had the manager take photos and said he would get back to me, but because I haven't had the stamp in my book? then they have said they are not interested.I have had Citroen Picassos since 2000 where I have purchased new Citroens and each time have never been asked about this warranty, yet as soon as there is a fault on my 5 year old car then apparently the warranty came into effect, so keep bothering them about it,
this then prompted me to call my wife's dealer Audi regarding this as her car is 4 year old and they laughed and said that there was no need for this on her car, which was a surprise
iscom   
Wed Oct 23 2019, 09:35am
Member No: #20936
I am wondering if the dealer should have inspected when having the car service as a part of the servicing schedule when an inspection is required
wunny   
Thu Oct 24 2019, 08:05am
Member No: #42824
Mine is also due soon, @ 4 year, so I checked with my dealer and it costs £49.95.
I asked if it was a dealer only check and was told that you can take it to any body shop, not just a Citroen dealer to get the check done and get the book stamped, for the warranty to stay valid.

The next one is at 6 years.

So the Citroen service and anti-perforation check, would come to £348.95 That's a bit on the pricey side!

iscom   
Thu Oct 24 2019, 08:31am
Member No: #20936
So lets say in in six years time there was a problem would they repair it free of charge???
wunny   
Fri Oct 25 2019, 12:27pm
Member No: #42824
I dare say that there are two chances

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member