or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Battery or worse?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Dilne   
Fri Sep 13 2019, 11:11am
Member No: #54607
Hi, newbie here so please forgive any mistakes.

I realise alot of this is my own fault but life has been awful and I really have been unable to get this sorted before.

Broke down a few months ago, got the AA they advised broken alternator belt and towed me home, I'm fairly rural and I didn't have a known garage. Life erupted and I ended up having to put it aside.

Charged battery in situ for a few hours, initially it tried to start but didn't quite get there. Charged again until charger showed down to trickle, didn't try to start. Went out just now, discovered I had forgotten overnight to reconnect the positive terminal, reconnected, now theres no attempt to turn over, just Lots of clicking and some warning lights. I have found a garage now for belt and tensioner replacement.
It's a 2014.
Could it be the battery no longer holding charge, having left overnight before I tried to start and needs replacing, (and of course having stood for a couple of months) or have I made the situation even worse and broken something else.

I'd really appreciate any advice. Cheers.
YOG   
Fri Sep 13 2019, 01:32pm
Member No: #17929
If it's the original battery, it needs replacing. You could be lucky, the AA are not always right, and the alternator may be OK. You won't lose anything by starting off with a new battery. Car batteries are meant to be kept fully/nearly fully charged at all times, otherwise they do deteriorate quicker.
If your car is Start/Stop, make sure you get the correct battery for it.
Dilne   
Sat Sep 14 2019, 02:17pm
Member No: #54607
It's just the belt thats snapped, rather than the alternator, thank goodness. Could do without having to fork out for both, I shall check about battery age. Yes it is the stop start, thank you for the reminder. Any recommendations for battery suppliers?
Cheers for the help.
YOG   
Sat Sep 14 2019, 02:38pm
Member No: #17929
Generally get mine from Tayna:
- Click Here -

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member