or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Ice and Satnav questions

C4 GP 2.0 Hdi Exclusive Updates

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
andrewmagor   
Tue Sep 10 2019, 06:22am
Member No: #52392
I am new to this Forum, but I require some help please. I have a 2014 GP and would like to know how i can update the software (or is it firmware) so that i can change the style of the dials etc. When i go into settings, the touchscreen button for colour scheme doesn't light up. Is this an error, or is my version so old that it didn't have the option?

In 'Dials' I also cannot change the set up and layout. I looked on youtube and saw that there is a button at the end of my indicator arm, however, this does nothing, as far as i can see. (is it faulty)

I'd also like to update my maps too if possible.

All helpful advice will be greatly appreciated
Richard_C   
Tue Sep 10 2019, 08:03am
Member No: #46470
Should work if its an Exclusive.

If you have the 4 zone steering wheel, the thumb wheel bottom left will scroll through the setup: dials, navigation, media, photos. Maps only show up if you have them on bottom screen as well, and media tells you very little.

The style can only be changed engine running, handbrake on. Greyed out otherwise. Presumably its to stop us crashing into things if we fiddle whilst moving. A change does take c. 1 minute including a reboot.

Pre 2016 model year you have to pay for maps*, you should be able to find info from the citroen uk website - owner services - but a phone with google maps in a holder on a vent does a much better job with real time traffic.

*There are unofficial alternatives like gpsunderground but at your own risk.
andrewmagor   
Tue Sep 10 2019, 08:41am
Member No: #52392
Thanks Richard. I do have the 4 zone wheel, and have spun the wheel to reveal 'Dials' but cannot change them.

In settings on the top left of the touchscreen buttons, the 'Colour Scheme' button is blanked out, regardless of being stationary with handbrake on or not. I had an exact same GP two weeks ago, that was blanked out while driving, then enabled when i parked up, just like you suggested, and i was able to change the dials to how i liked them. However, that turned out to be a dog of a car, so i sent it back to the dealer and acquired my current GP. My current one is in tip top condition for a 2014 with 47k miles, but this is my only bug bare.

I've been to my local citroen dealer, and the helpful chap came out and had a go, but couldn't figure it out. (he did help me work out how to do a post code search on the sat nav mind you. Type your post code into the 'Town/City' box tadaaaa!)

I do have a cradle and an iphone, and use it most times for my sat nav, but i'm just trying to have everything working and up-to-date as it should be, to satisfy my neurosis.
routemaster1   
Fri Sep 13 2019, 12:24pm
Member No: #574
The button on the end of the light stalk does nothing on the vast majority of Citroens.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member