or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Handbrake failed to release.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
walldan   
Wed Oct 24 2018, 06:57am
Member No: #48841
Started the car up and went to pull away. The handbrake failed to release. I had to turn the engine off then manually released the handbrake by holding the button in for a few seconds. Has this ever happened to anyone else before?
neston   
Sun Oct 28 2018, 10:23am
Member No: #2349
Happened to us a few times too. Turning off the car and turning on fixed it for me. Has not happened since the last service.
crosville1   
Fri Dec 07 2018, 05:15am
Member No: #40371
Hopefully linked o this thread, I have the reverse in that my electronic handbrake wont apply itself. When in traffic etc I apply the brake manually and the Red "P" starts flashing and the yellow triangle appears. A "Faulty Parking Brake" message appears usually followed by a further message stating that Auto Brake Applied. This does not apply the handbrake whilst the engine is running but when switching the engine off say when getting home, the handbrake engages. When running the vehicle again, the fault is repeated. Has anyone any advice please or is it a visit to the garage?

Thanks
1 User said Thank You to crosville1 for this Post :
 Hairyman (01 Sep 2019 : 13:34)
Hairyman   
Sun Sep 01 2019, 01:46pm
Member No: #52306
Hello I was just wondering if you found the fault as I have had an electric handbrake problem for about 3 years and I can't take it anymore it as been to 5 garages including Citroen who were more interested in selling me a new car than finding and fixing mine.mine is a manual and I can only release the parking brake if I step on brake pedal first then push release button.my reverse lights are always on so I have had to remove the bulbs so haven't been able to reverse properly for years as well.i bought a launch 129 car diagnostic reader which is great but only tells me reverse gear detection non coherent permanent fault.i noticed water by pedals and power steering making whoshing noises so watched YouTube videos and found both sides of the gutters were blocked so cleaned out about 3 months ago and thought at the time I wonder if all this trouble is water related then about a month ago the car fixed it's self for about a weak hand brake perfect reverse lookup guys working withe new bulbs installed then we drove to Cornwall about 400 miles and terrental weather water everywhere and all faults are back.im 99.9% sure it's water or a dry joint or bad earth but just can't cure the fault now.any help would be most welcome.i hope you cured your car aswell.many thanks in advance

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member