or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

New owner and no clue

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Wookey22   
Tue Aug 20 2019, 08:31am
Member No: #54461
Hi all,

I ought a C4 Grand Picasso at the weekend and already have worrying questions. Any advice would be great!

What is this pipe and should it be attached securely as at the moment it is just pointing over the hole

What the heck is this black stuff, looks wet but it's actually hard

I took the plastic cover off the engine area and it looks like there's been oil on it

And under it one of the spark plug areas looks like its covered in the gunk

Also the coolant level has gone from the max line down to the min level within a day.

Any ideas?
SlightlyCrusty   
Thu Aug 22 2019, 10:37am
Member No: #54326
Hello mate. From a completely non-car-person perspective, this looks like an injector problem. I see you have the 1.6 HDI so it's a diesel? I had a few of my injectors replaced and the garage I took it to said that this is carbon build up.
Like I said, I'm probably the least-qualified person on this website but that's what I think it is, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Get it to a garage when you can.
rusky   
Thu Aug 29 2019, 02:44am
Member No: #27768
The first 2 pics are the air intake, mine never fitted properly either!

The dried oil looks like it's come from the breather pipe when it wasn't properly connected.

The oil on the cover & around the injector is bad. Get that sorted like now otherwise you're in for a load of other issues!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member