or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

Wheel question

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
SlightlyCrusty   
Sat Aug 10 2019, 04:42am
Member No: #54326
Question: I don't have a spare tyre in my C4GP, what would everyone recommend? Should I buy an old alloy wheel and keep that in the car, or purchase a puncture repair kit?

Also, question: what on Earth are these wheel nuts and how do I remove them?

routemaster1   
Sat Aug 10 2019, 05:44am
Member No: #574
Buying a spare alloy is the simple way. Many of the Citroen/Peugeot wheels will fit, but please be aware that the new C4 Grand Picasso uses 5 stud wheels and are not compatible. There are loads on ebay. You can buy a puncture repair kit, but they is only suitable for small punctures. I have a pack of screw-in puncture sealers, also suitable for nail punctures. The advantage of these is that they will not ruin the tyre for a potential permanent repair.

What you see in the photo above are not wheel nuts, they are chromed plastic wheel nut covers. Underneath are the wheel nuts, one of which should be the locking nut. Citroen supply a removal tool, which should be in the toolkit (if you have one). They are yellow plastic. Other than that, long-nose pliers are the choice. They simply pull off.
1 User said Thank You to routemaster1 for this Post :
 SlightlyCrusty (10 Aug 2019 : 07:09)
SlightlyCrusty   
Sat Aug 10 2019, 07:28am
Member No: #54326
Oh, excellent. I'll probably buy a spare alloy wheel from eBay in that case. And, thank you - they are only on 1 wheel so I had no idea what they were!
Thanks
Jimux   
Wed Aug 14 2019, 07:08am

Member No: #8137
Before you buy a spare wheel, measure the width of the tyre and visualise how much boot space it will take up. The usual alternative to the useless repair kit is a skinny spacesaver wheel. Which would be on a steel rim.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member