or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Ice and Satnav questions

DAB station logos

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Scapegoat   
Mon Aug 05 2019, 05:21pm
Member No: #54264
I've recently acquired an 18 plate Flair, and I've noticed an odd thing on the ICE regarding DAB station logos.
After scanning for stations only 3 of the dozens of stations includes a logo, the others just have a generic radio symbol.
I am in a good reception area and I have re-scanned several times with no difference and I am on the latest version of the firmware.

Do any of you have the logos displaying on your DAB stations, if so can you suggest anything that I may be doing wrong?
BigJohnD   
Tue Aug 06 2019, 03:32am

Member No: #82
Interesting. Skoda offer folder full of UK DAB station logos which can be downloaded and installed on their infotainment system. It's very good. Sadly I doubt it's compatible as you have to supply your VIN.

- Click Here -
wunny   
Tue Aug 06 2019, 10:18am
Member No: #42824
On mine, all the saved FM stations have logos and the DAB do not, except for Classic FM, which has a logo on both, but lists the station as 'Classic' on FM and 'Classic FM' on DAB. Not much help to you though!
bluehdi   
Tue Aug 06 2019, 11:55am
Member No: #2617
I had the same trouble with my 2014 C4GP.

Sadly it’s been a problem on the SMEG+ and the NAC audio systems fitted across the whole PSA group.

My new Peugeot 3008 has the same issue and there isn’t anything that can be done about it. It spoils the look of the screen in my opinion. It just seems to be DAB stations.

Each firmware update brings very little and even now, absolutely no change with any new station logos. One of the Peugeot experts on the Peugeot forums indicates the logos are held within the firmware, but in the last 5 years, they’ve not updated them!

When you see any Citroen or Peugeot brochure images of the screen, they show FM stations which have the proper icons. I think the lack of a fully implemented Dab system in France means FM is the dominant system and not seen as a priority.

Even the latest DS3 Crossback and DS7 which use the Wave 3 NAC systems still have the lack of correct station logos.
Scapegoat   
Tue Aug 06 2019, 01:54pm
Thanks for the replies, glad it's not something that I'm doing wrong, although it seems very odd that 3 stations have the logo, pity that none of them are ones that I want to listen to.
DeuxChevaux   
Tue Aug 06 2019, 03:09pm
Member No: #16472
DAB - a complete waste of space. Eg Radio Caroline on test in Norwich. I can see the aerial but often can't get any sound. Others are as useless. Wish I could get as far as logos but can't even get sounds. DAB is only of use if you live in a strong signal area and Norfolk isn't one of them even if you travel in the capitol city of Norwich!
YOG   
Tue Aug 06 2019, 03:29pm
Member No: #17929
I don't think it is that DAB/ DAB+ is no good, it's more that Citroen don't seem to fit a very good system. Our C4, DS4 and and now our 2019 C4 Cactus, all regularly dropped/drop their signal, whereas our 2016 Ford Focus ST, does not.
gittos   
Tue Aug 06 2019, 04:56pm
Member No: #30055
This short video may help on DAB quality:

BigJohnD   
Wed Aug 07 2019, 04:44am

ISTR a similar discussion several years ago. And nothing's changed! - Click Here -
Scapegoat   
Sun Aug 11 2019, 06:27pm
I find myself listening to internet radio via Android Auto and the Tune In Radio application. Better sound quality, fewer (or noone) signal drops and better sound quality. I also have a big data allowance so I can stream all day and not worry about costs.
BigJohnD   
Mon Aug 12 2019, 05:15am

When I was in Canada, my car had satellite radio - there was no FM transmitters or 4G. The range of stations was amazing and included the BBC though there was a 7 hr time difference.

- Click Here -

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member