or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 Coupe and Hatch (pre 2011) Problems?

C4 VTS weak airconditioning

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Juroo   
Thu Aug 08 2019, 06:18am
Member No: #48815
Hello,
I would like to ask you for help.
I have a problem with air conditioning on my Citroen C4 2.0i VTS (2006).
Air conditioning is poorly cooling in warm days.
The air conditioning was filled (450g) and even just after filling the result is the same.
Air conditioning is automatic dual-zone.

From a technical point of view ...
After the air conditioning is switched on, external fan starts at half speed. The pressure reaches about 20 bar on the high pressure side. After this, the external fan gets at full speed and the pressure drops to +/- 15 bar. The external fan will drop to half speed again. This is how it cycles. Shouldn't he still go full all time ?

On the low side, the pressure is about 2.5-3 bar depends on revs (3,0 bar at idle). The temperature from the internal vents is around 15 ° C. I think this temperature should be lower

The outdoor temperature is approx. 30 ° C ...
Interior vent temperature flaps is working correctly ...
"Auto" switch is not working correctly I guess (its set vents air flow to low-medium speed too early to cool down the interior of car)

Have you encountered a similar problem? Where can there be a problem?
How can I determine if there is problem with expansion valve or compressor solenoid regulation valve ? Or compressor itself ...
Thank you

Img : - Click Here -

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member