or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

Peugeot 5008 & 3008 (2017 onwards)

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
bluehdi   
Mon Jul 29 2019, 09:09am
Member No: #2617
To avoid confusing earlier posts on the Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Road Tests and Model Reports, headed 'Finally it is here!!!', I'll start this to allow us to talk about the new Peugeot 5008 (P87) & the 3008 (P84).

Admin, please do feel free to move it if necessary.

I agree, the 5008 Peugeot forum is very light on posts, with answers few and far between. Use the same forum, but the 3008 area instead, which is much busier and the search facility for lots of posts (see link below). I normally get an answer within a few hours to any posts I make.

The 5008 & 3008 are pretty much identical except the sixth and seventh seats anyway and the lack of real colours. I have noted that the 5008 hasn't got any bright reds for instance in the range, compared to the 3008, which is a real shame. The colours are quite muted for some reason.

- Click Here -

With regards to your question about fuel consumption on my current 3008. As you can imagine, I've been keeping detailed spreadsheet records of all my previous cars, using the brim to brim method and not relying on the cars generally unreliable mpg readout.

For both my first Peugeot, the 2017 3008 EAT6 GT 180 and my current 2018 3008 EAT8 GT 180:

2017 3008 GT180 EAT6 Euro 6 - From brand new 45.90 mpg (covering from 0 miles to 9000 miles on the clock).

2018 3008 GT180 EAT8 Euro 6.2 - From brand new 44.23 mpg (covering from 0 miles to now 4800 miles on the clock).

Comparing this to my now sold 2014 C4GP 2.0 150 EAT6 Euro 6 - From brand new 43.99 mpg (covering from 0 miles to 7000 miles on the clock).

So in fact mpg is pretty much similar across all three cars.

You should get better consumption with the 1.5, but then the 5008 is heavier, so it may well balance out.

One thing to watch for on the newer Euro 6.2 engines and I've seen a few posts with people saying with the new 1.5 engine, the Adblue consumption is higher. Not had to top up any as yet on mine, but its not an expensive top up anyway. Its described in the brochure now as like screen wash or fuel, so they expect more regular top ups than the old Euro 6 diesel.

I have indeed sat in the 5008 GT Line Premium and its very nice. I liked the interior seat trim, sort of leather look and fabric, with the same up on the dashboard. I also liked how the 5008 also had a proper UK socket fitted for the middle seat passengers.

The EAT8 gearbox is surprisingly smooth even when the EAT6 was pretty darn good.

Please post any questions you may have and I'll try and help.
iscom   
Mon Jul 29 2019, 10:25am
Member No: #20936
I don't know much about the engine or gearbox and how they compear (3008 & 5008) but looking at cars in the showroom I was not impressed if I was I would have made some enquires I can't remember exactly what put me off maybe the seats or cockpit next time I go to my dealer will take a closer look.
vimto2000   
Mon Jul 29 2019, 04:25pm
Member No: #37385
I think you covered most of my questions. I think the only issue I have now is what colour to pick. Gutted the same range of colours aren't available on the 5008.

Hopefully will hear back from our finance dept tomorrow to see if the 180bhp EAT8 is even a possibility, else I think I'll order my car tomorrow.

Still can't decide between the Emerald or the Pearlescent white. I'm leaning to the Emerald due to it not being a grey scale car! However, I think the Pearlescent car would look amazing in the sun!

My recent C4GST would go through adblue every 3-4k miles so consistent with the Peugeot Euro 6.2 engines. Also, that was a EAT8 gearbox, which was a lovely upgrade to the EAT6.

I don't think I would have changed to the 5008 if I didn't write off my C4GST, however I was not happy with the increased costs when I ordered mine and the ever decreasing list of extras each time a brochure came out.
bluehdi   
Mon Jul 29 2019, 04:59pm
Member No: #2617
Another point, the Peugeot ACC paired with the auto gearbox works very well, compared to that I had fitted on my 2014 C4GP, which only used engine braking.

The new active cruise applies the brakes when necessary, even down to a full stop of the vehicle and the automatic application of the electronic handbrake as well.

It’s an option I would happily choose every time. I use the ACC function every trip as well.

The emerald white will probably wear better. My experience of car metallic paints and in particular the diamond black roof on the Peugeot is that birds mess stains very easily, leaving a cloudy mark in the lacquer despite removing it within an hour or two. It can only be removed by machine polishing. I’ve already had one cloudy mark machine polished off the rear tailgate spoiler of mine.

My 2014 C4GP was actually a non metallic base white paint, and never showed any cloudy birds mess stains. In that respect and with the black/chrome trim, white was a great all round choice. I have to say I haven’t seen a white 5008 to date either.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member