or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

ECU issues or am I missing something?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Bammy   
Mon Jul 29 2019, 05:54am
Member No: #38696
Hi all. This site has been invaluable in the help I've needed in the past even though this is my first post.

I have a 2007 C4 picasso vtr+ 1.6 diesel.

This car has been awesome and I've had no problems with it other than needing to replace battery.

The problems started when I drove it one morning and all of a sudden lots of errors popped up on the dash like abs, handbrake, airbags, everything. I parked up when I could safely and it wouldn't start again. I had to be rescued.

I've tried resetting the bsi, leaving battery off for days at a time and all sorts. The errors have mostly gone but now it's having a hissy fit. It refuses to start or turn over or anything. It remains in economy mode which I think is cutting power to the obd? I used to have power to the port but now I have nothing.

A friend of a friend has a garage and he plugged in 3 different obd readers and nothing is reading.

Fuses are fine, wiring is ok from what I can see.

Please someone give me an idea! I've been at it for weeks!

Many thanks in advance.
BigJohnD   
Mon Jul 29 2019, 07:53am

Member No: #82
Bammy wrote ...

I've had no problems with it other than needing to replace battery.

How recently was that?
Bammy   
Mon Jul 29 2019, 08:52am
Member No: #38696
About 2 years ago John.
BigJohnD   
Tue Jul 30 2019, 06:49am

Member No: #82
Should be OK then but testing won't go amiss, especially as Economy Mode kicks in when the key is turned.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member