or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

Stereo and reversing camera

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
GALLOWAY2019   
Sun Jul 28 2019, 06:50pm
Member No: #53883
Hi,
Right I have decided i will be getting a C4GP automatic and while i am waiting to find a decent one have been thinking about accessories I want to add.
1: Reversing camera as apart from the fact i am [%*^#@!] at reversing having used them in other cars they help me greatly (health prob) so can anyone recommend one and any other info related to them.
2: I would like to replace the standard stereo head unit with a more modern one and one that could have a screen linked to the camera?.
3: any other mods or accessories that are useful or improvements. has anyone replaced their alloys? again any tips most welcome.
I can't wait to get my car and having had a look round on today its ideal for my needs and i actually like the styling compared to a couple of Zafira's i have had I think the Citroen is more stylish and certainly much more comfortable seats than the Vauxhalls.
Cheers
Brian
ps Had a few quotes for insurance and lowest is £245 fully comp is that a decent quote? I live out in the wilds of Scotland so no crime here but as i have had Motability cars for years my late wife was down as the main driver.....I didn't drive them then due to health probs but since she died last year i had to try and get back into driving again so there's just me and my dog but need to carry large wood carvings so the C4GP is perfect car for the job.
Sorry for all the questions but we all have to start somewhere.
BigJohnD   
Mon Jul 29 2019, 07:59am

Member No: #82
Do you already have obstacle detection? Fitting a free standing reversing camera requires some care with the wiring and remember to use a relay to link to the reversing lights.

Unless you can get a suitable HU which has connections for a reversing camera, I'd forget it. IMO the Citroen CANBus is very sensitive towards anything not designed for it.

Fitting an after- market head unit does require a decent CANBus link - check Connects2 - as well as an aerial adaptor. Avoid the ones in Halfords - they're useless. Finding the exact trim to make a neat finish is very difficult, even in France.

£245 fully comp sounds good to me considering all premiums seem to have gone up considerably recently.
iscom   
Mon Jul 29 2019, 09:02am
Member No: #20936
I think you need to find a retailer who specializes in aftermarket display screens and even better if they can fit but I feel you will have to dig deep in your pocket as they won't be cheap. .Maybe it would be better if you can buy a high spec but doubt if you can find with a rear camera unless its newer version of C4GP
As for insurance, I would say that's a very good price
GALLOWAY2019   
Mon Jul 29 2019, 02:41pm
Thanks for your help guys, I understand what your saying about the camera and the wiring, i saw a video online where they used a wireless camera to a headunit with a screen so thought that might work....i will do plenty of reading up on them. The C4PC is ideal for what i want and if i cannot get a camera then no worries, the cars mainly for my dogs and carting wood carvings around as i already have a pickup and a Harley but hard to carry the dog on the bike
Cheers and thanks again for your tips
GALLOWAY2019   
Mon Jul 29 2019, 03:03pm
Just found this download - Click Here -
BigJohnD   
Tue Jul 30 2019, 06:48am

Member No: #82
Retro-fitting more up-market features is not as easy as it appears.

Assuming the wiring is present, the car's firmware may have the feature not listed. And it's nigh on impossible to amend.

Throughout the years of the forum, there's several instances of genuine items being added but won't work. Puddle lights is a classic with secondary wiring having to be added to make them work with the door micro-switches.
1 User said Thank You to BigJohnD for this Post :
 GALLOWAY2019 (31 Jul 2019 : 09:05)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member