or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

Help EGS box problem.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
JFEW1980   
Sun Jul 28 2019, 03:19pm
Member No: #54271
HI all,

Right I will start with what has happened.
I was driving along and the car went to change gear on a hill and it just failed and the clutch went which is what I thought, at this point you could still go thro the gears but the car wouldn't move.

I got the car back and tried to do the usual on diagbox before you take off gearbox with the procedures.

They all failed and it wouldn't drain the fluid back

I took out the engine and took the box off.

the DMF has totally seized round and couldn't get to the bolts so that had to be cut off.. the CSC has totally fallen apart and the clutch was well I wont even go there, but you could select the gears s

I got a new CSC Flywheel and Clutch. stuck it all back together the only thing that was odd was the clutch was a LUK and the Flyhweel was a SACHS,
but I was told from GSF and Euro this don't matter at all.

Anyway I have stuck it all back together the car starts but will not select any gears at all.

and the only code there is

P1734 FAULT IN GEARBOX ACTUATOR POSITION SIGNAL IN THE GEAR SELECTION AXIS.

I have tried to bleed the system and it fails
I have tried to learn the gears and it fails

Anyone got any ideas on where to start.

Personally I was to just smash the thing up...

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member