or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Ice and Satnav questions

2015 C4 Grand Picasso Screen

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Mrmagoo1979   
Mon Jul 22 2019, 04:54pm
Member No: #54218
Good evening,
Thank you for your time and help, I am a newbie and 2 weeks ago bought an exclusive+ from the car supermarket CarShop Wakefield. I purchased the car with the upper 12" screen showing 3 small circles of damaged LCD, but was told that as the damage was 'non progressive' and that the damaged areas did not make the car illegal due to speed or mileage being illegible they would not replace it.

The car came with 3 months warranty and since buying the car just 2 weeks ago the damage seems to have changed/increased.
I have tried to attached an image showing the progession/change over the past 2 weeks and wondered if anybody has any advice as to what might be happening and how to resolve it but I can't seem to attach the image.
I have just today emailed the carshop and await a reply, I am assuming they will try to wipe their hands of it. I am wondering if anyone else has had to pay to replace the screen and if so how much am I going to have to part with?

Many thanks,
Matt
jsg1163   
Wed Jul 24 2019, 05:52am
Member No: #50650
Matt this is a very common issue. I wish you had done some research before buying the car as everyone should stay away from a faulty screen when buying the car second hand.

The car comes with 3 months warranty and I guess the company will only do something if it totally fails i.e. you can't even see the speedometer. I doubt it they will do anything at this stage as you can still see the speedometer. You should keep on chasing the company for as long as you can now and it may not be the thing that you want to hear but let's hope that your screen stops working completely soon and you will have a clear claim under your warranty, otherwise start saving £1000+ to get it replaced it out side of warranty.

Also, you can use this site to upload your image and share the link here: - Click Here -

Good luck and keep us posted.
iscom   
Wed Jul 24 2019, 06:34am
Member No: #20936
whilst you have the warranty check every aspect of the car for any faults, the higher the specs the more you should check.
As for the screen don't take the dealers word, even if it's their honest opinion that it's 'non progressive' Get it replaced it could last a year or could last a few months to say damaged areas did not make the car illegal, nor does rear screen heater, heated seats, parking sensors, etc hence check everything
is working. So don't be put off. As jsg1163 says it will cost you in access of £1000 , But just out of interest is the warranty from the seller or a warranty company?
(you should say what car you have, to get the best advice )
iscom   
Wed Jul 24 2019, 06:37am
whilst you have the warranty check every aspect of the car for any faults, the higher the specs the more you should check.
As for the screen don't take the dealers word, even if it's their honest opinion that it's 'non progressive' Get it replaced it could last a year or could last a few months to say damaged areas did not make the car illegal, nor does rear screen heater, heated seats, parking sensors, etc hence check everything
is working. So don't be put off. As jsg1163 says it will cost you in access of £1000 , But just out of interest is the warranty from the seller or a warranty company?
(you should say what car you have, to get the best advice )
Mrmagoo1979   
Wed Jul 24 2019, 06:44am
Thanks for your replies,
My car is 2015 Exclusive+, I have been into Citroen this morning and they say as far as they are aware there has been no recalls or problems with screens, however I have had to book it in for a diagnostic check @ £95 and they may request Citroen replace the screen as a matter of good will.
The carshop have said again they will not do anything until screen fails or becomes illegal, so that's a dead end I think sadly.
Will keep you updated after diagnostic check next Tuesday.
Matt
Mrmagoo1979   
Wed Jul 24 2019, 06:50am
- Click Here -
bluehdi   
Wed Jul 24 2019, 07:48am
Member No: #2617
Utter rubbish once again from a Citroen dealer. This was and is one of my biggest dislikes about after sales - useless information. You’ll get more accurate info from C4owners!

If a Citroen dealer is not aware of the large scale issue of failed screens on the B78 Picasso, I’d seek a different one. Inept!

Do search on our forums and you’ll find lots of owners with screen issues. My own car was off the road for a month when brand new and as I replaced it with a Peugeot 3008, I received postal notification from Citroen that they wanted to replace it again. There is an official TSB for faulty screens, which I have. If you want to PM me your VIN number I’ll check. I can also speak to my local family owned Citroen dealer if you want further advice.
2 User said Thank You to bluehdi for this Post :
 Mrmagoo1979 (24 Jul 2019 : 11:15) , jsg1163 (05 Aug 2019 : 15:53)
bluehdi   
Wed Jul 24 2019, 07:55am
It would be very useful to know if you have a full Citroen service history on your 2015 car?

I think Citroen will look more favourably for a top screen failure if you do have.
bluehdi   
Wed Jul 24 2019, 08:20am
Lots more here:

- Click Here -

French cars were affected and the motoring magazines acknowledged the replacement via an after sales program:

- Click Here -

The blobs and horizontal lines indicate a failed screen. There are photos of the same within the various forum posts.
1 User said Thank You to bluehdi for this Post :
 Mrmagoo1979 (24 Jul 2019 : 11:15)
iscom   
Wed Jul 24 2019, 09:50am
Wow no way would I accept that screen I would say its dangerous as you will be constantly watching the spots.

Have you tried changing the screen settings to see if it impairs the information
bluehdi   
Wed Jul 24 2019, 10:55am
If you would like to 'remind' your Citroen dealer of the screen TSB, I have most of them for the B78 C4GP.

I cannot post the PDF however as it doesn't allow PDF's, so do drop me a PM with an email address and I'll send it through to you.
Mrmagoo1979   
Tue Jul 30 2019, 12:10pm
Hello and thanks for all the help,
Update is that after paying £95 to Citroen to perform a diagnostic they agree I need a full screen replacement at around £1200.
The service guy emailed Citroen UK asking for a 'good will replacement' which was denied for no reason given (apparently), advised I need to appeal or complain myself to Citroen UK.
I came home from dealer and immediately called Citroen UK customer care whom need to go back to the dealer and discuss the matter further. I informed them of my knowledge of a Screen TSB that includes my car build in 2015.
Will await further contact from them I guess.
1 User said Thank You to Mrmagoo1979 for this Post :
 jsg1163 (05 Aug 2019 : 15:55)
Mrmagoo1979   
Wed Sep 04 2019, 07:02am
Hello,

Well after multiple emails and long waits Citroen's so called customer care managers have refused any further help with my request for a goodwill screen replacement despite having a TSB stating they should be replaced.
I have therefore contacted the Motor Ombudsman and will await their response.
The screen has not deteriorated any further (yet).
Citroen said that because my car was not main dealer serviced (I have stamps in my service book from main dealers!!) and because I did not buy it directly from a Citroen main dealer they will not help.
I shall keep you updated.
Cheers

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member