or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: C4 The Garage

Solved: (Engine managment system faulty) C4 Grand Picasso 2009

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Hasm-1   
Sun Jul 21 2019, 12:29am
Member No: #54198
Hi
My car is C4 Grand Picasso diesel auto 1.6 Hdi, 2009

After the garage (Mechanic) removed the battery and change gearbox mountings. (Engine managment system faulty) appeared in the dashboard. The garage tried many thing using the computer but it still did not go. The warning still their every time I turned on the car.

Any idea how to fix this? The car run okay and normally only this message (engine management system faulty)
rusky   
Sun Jul 21 2019, 02:50pm
Member No: #27768
You need to get the fault codes read but I suspect the wiring behind the battery might need checking
Hasm-1   
Mon Jul 22 2019, 05:00am
Thank you Rusky, I will ask the mechanic to do that but he said he removed he battery terminals and put it back again many time trying to fix this fault but it didn't work. I forget to mention that the message ( Engine management system faulty) came with 'Service' light that stick their as long as the car turning on.
Hasm-1   
Tue Jul 23 2019, 04:00pm
Thank you again, the computer system in the mechanic's garage showed DTC P0228 CODE, the accelerator padal faults , and he changed it and every thing goes normal now.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member