or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Noise after clutch and dual mass flywheel replacement

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
tharocky   
Sat Jul 20 2019, 07:51am
Member No: #52851
Hey,

I have C4 Picasso 2014 2.0 BlueHDI 110kw manual gearbox. Its been around 5 days and 200 kilometres done with the new clutch and dual mass flywheel changed, but the car still has somekind of noise, I think its similar to something rubbing against something.

The noise gets lauder and more profound when I press gas paddle or go up the hill. Here is the sound of the noise: - Click Here - - its this highest ssssss noice at first, but it gets to judder when I press the paddle accelerating. Any thoughts?

Gotta say that change was done at licenced Citroen service but I don't trust the guys there but I had to do it there, cuz they still offer ongoing 1 year warranty through them, so I wanna check all sources before I drive it back.

Thanks
Magistrate   
Sat Jul 20 2019, 08:59am
Member No: #1731
I could not pick up much from your soundfile but as this was a warranty repair the unknown is as to whether they changed the DMF or whether a new fault has appeared or simply there is a loose engine mounting. If you are unhappy I would personally just take it back and let them play detective.
1 User said Thank You to Magistrate for this Post :
 tharocky (20 Jul 2019 : 09:43)
tharocky   
Sat Jul 20 2019, 09:43am
Member No: #52851
Yea sorry about the file, its far from perfect.

I have quite a history with this service/dealership. I bought the car there, in one month I drove the car there 3 times, everytime with the sound in around the front right wheel. Only third time they did it with changing all front suspension, sadly they said 2 times before that, that they fixed the problem, tho they didnt. Thats why I have trust issues with them. And I'm afraid, if I lose it there, they might do something to the car that I will only discover later when it breaks.

Thank you for your reply, I'm bringing car in first thing monday.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member