or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

My Citroen app weirdness

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Wutang   
Sat Jul 20 2019, 02:48am
Member No: #46858
The my Citroen app recently upgraded itself and now when my fuel gets below 15% instead of warning me I have low fuel I get a warning for abnormal engine oil pressure, filling up sorts it out.

Anyone else having muddled up messages, worried me the first time it happened.

Richard
Jimux   
Thu Aug 01 2019, 01:57am

Member No: #8137
Is that on an Android or Apple phone? I had a correct low fuel message 10 days ago on Android.
Wutang   
Thu Aug 01 2019, 03:10am
Member No: #46858
On Android, I simulated another warning the other day by disconnecting the egr valve in a way I know throws up an emissions warning engine fault, guess what gave me the same 'abnormal engine oil pressure' warning. it would appear that all warnings have been replaced with this on warning.

I am going to delete and reinstall the app and see if that cures it.

Richard
Jimux   
Fri Aug 09 2019, 11:02am

Member No: #8137
Another Android update today. It seems to generate excessive bluetooth activity, and overheat the phone.It constantly tried to talk to the car, even though the vehicle was parked and locked some distance away.
Richard_C   
Sun Aug 11 2019, 06:08am
Member No: #46470
Mine is the same and has been for months. You have to force stop* the app, and then remember to manually open it again before you start the car or it won't connect.

Its a troublesome and poorly executed app, and I often wonder why I keep it.

* on my phone it flags the high background battery usage as an alert so you can tap on it and force stop. Other ways include settings-battery-battery usage then choose the app. There are so many android variations it may be totally different for others.
3 User said Thank You to Richard_C for this Post :
 Jimux (14 Aug 2019 : 07:10) , Keith (14 Aug 2019 : 10:02) , yakultaunty (27 Aug 2019 : 12:28)
yakultaunty   
Tue Aug 27 2019, 12:27pm
Member No: #40536
I've found a way to get the app to work and update properly. Tested on a OnePlus 7 Pro and a Huawei P30 Pro.

I downloaded a system automation app (i.e. an app that performs tasks on the phone in response to events. I use and like Trigger, but any similar app will do fine.

I then did the following:
1. Added a new task in response to connection to the car's Bluetooth (i.e. when connected to "Citroen", do xxx.)
2. Added the following actions to the task:
a) Launched the My Citroen app
b) Paused for about 10 secs
c) Force closed the app
d) Launched the app again
e) Disabled Bluetooth
f) Enabled Bluetooth again

I also set the app not to repeat a previous task within 5 minutes as otherwise step e) above would enter an infinite loop.

The app doesn't update every trip now, but it does copy data in now and then and I haven't lost any trips since.

Hope this works for someone.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member