or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions

2013 Satnav / denon intermittent audio

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
rtuzuk2   
Thu Jul 11 2019, 10:30am
Member No: #53950
Hi,

I recently purchased a 2013 DS4 with the factory fitted NAV and denon upgrade.
The problem i get is intermittently the audio stops working, this affects the parking sensors /radio and everything else.

When the problem was first seen it was after a serious downpour of rain. After a couple of dry days the system started working again. This happened several times. Currently i have no audio at all and its been this way for best part of two weeks.

The car has been to the citroen dealer twice and they said the radio reciever was faulty, but were not 100% sure of the part number this was weeks ago.

So i'm basically going nuts driving in silence. Anyone got any ideas?
Can i just buy a replacement unit from ebay? Anyone know of a repair company?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can only talk to myself for so long.....

Thanks
Steve
moleman   
Fri Jul 12 2019, 04:45am
Member No: #16299
Given the mention of the impact after rain and that it appears not to happen when dry, could you have the issue of water trapped behind the dash, like other versions of the C4 suffer from? Worth checking before you buy new units. Of course if it has not worked for two weeks it may have failed totally but that could be because of water ingress. If you replace and water ingress was the problem, then it is likely to happen again, I would check.
rtuzuk2   
Fri Jul 12 2019, 06:35am
Member No: #53950
Thanks for the info, the car is completely dry inside and when Citroen looked at it they said there was no sign of water behind the dash.

Strangely enough the stereo worked this morning for the first time in over two weeks. My wife decided to have her first outing in the DS4, after fussing with seats /mirrors etc she started the car and the stereo worked.

I was instructed to drive home being the obedient husband and on my two subsequent journeys the audio has stopped. Maybe i just make the wife drive everywhere?
moleman   
Fri Jul 12 2019, 01:28pm
Member No: #16299
That is the answer, wife drives the car.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member