or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Problems and issues

C4 2013 1.6 e-HDI - Particle (additive) tank holding issue

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
daleobradovic   
Wed Jul 10 2019, 04:53pm
Member No: #50947
Hello everyone.

Particle (additive) tank on my C4 is being held by some small plastic cap. There are 3 of these and they are somehow connected to some other plastic above the particle tank.

One of these small plastic caps is broken, so the tank now is not 100% fixed which produces banging sound while driving (not all the time, but if road is bumpy, you can easily hear it, even with music inside).

I'm wondering how to fix this, as I'm not sure what the plastic above the tank is. Obviously, there's a reason why it's fixed using plastic caps and not metal screws.

I'll post some pictures, to try to show what happened.

On first and last picture, you can see that the plastic cap is missing, while on second and third you can see how other plastic caps look like.

Thank you in advance!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member