or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Rear door handle installation.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
jjbrown84   
Wed Jul 10 2019, 11:53am
Member No: #51981
Does anyone know how to install a rear handle of a late pre-facelift C4 Picasso (2016).
I recently purchased an ex motorbility and everything is great except the nearside rear door handle came off when someone attempted to open it before I'd had a chance to unlock. It wasn't an aggressive attempt and it's clear that someone has been in there before and the garage have agreed to sort it all and give a bit of a goodwill gesture as I said if it's a simple job I don't mind clipping it in if they get the parts (and there's no way they could've known this issue in fairness).

I've managed to reattach the actual handle on to the mechanism but the little post (the smaller part of the door handle that would hold the lock / barrel on a front door) doesn't clip onto anything and doesn't seem damaged.

I've seen older PSA models have a Torx bolt going to the side of the door (like my front doors have) but my rear door just has a blanking sticker over the hole with no bolt. The opposite door has the same sticker and is also absent a bolt but that one is in the door solid and is clearly held in place by something.

I can't see anything from the inside and cant remove the good one to reverse engineer the process without feeling like I'm going to damage something (I can pop the trim off the top of the post and that's it.

Any thoughts are much appreciated, I'd rather avoid the hastle of booking it in if possible even if it's not my money paying for it.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member