or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

C4GP Spare wheel - what does it look like, and how is it held on?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
TVRV8S   
Mon Jul 08 2019, 10:56am
Member No: #52556
Perused ebay and there are alloy wheels, steel space savers and steel wheels all described as C4 GP spares.

I have a 2009 VTR+ Grand Picasso that we realise is missing its spare wheel. I can see there's two studs of about M6 projecting down which I assume is the mounting points but they're missing any fixings. There's also no cage or other mountings - just the two bolts.

What do your C4 GP spare wheels look like, and how is the wheel held onto the car?

Thanks
routemaster1   
Mon Jul 08 2019, 11:38am
Member No: #574
TVRV8S wrote ...

Perused ebay and there are alloy wheels, steel space savers and steel wheels all described as C4 GP spares.

I have a 2009 VTR+ Grand Picasso that we realise is missing its spare wheel. I can see there's two studs of about M6 projecting down which I assume is the mounting points but they're missing any fixings. There's also no cage or other mountings - just the two bolts.

What do your C4 GP spare wheels look like, and how is the wheel held onto the car?

Thanks

The C4GP was never supplied with spare wheels, just a compressor and a tube of gunk. You may find them in the storage bins in the second row footwells. There was a thread years ago when someone fitted a cradle to hold one under the floor, but I'm not sure where it came from. Whilst talking about spare wheels, you cannot fit a spare under an early post 2013 car as the exhaust system is in the way, and post 2013 cars use 5 stud wheels.
FrankBullitt   
Mon Jul 08 2019, 01:00pm

Member No: #19238
The C4GP could be fitted with a space saver spare and it was a factory option, however it could not be fitted in cars with the pneumatic rear airbag suspension as the compressor sits in the recess. The C4P has a full size spare except, of course, for cars with the pneumatic suspension

It’s a cradle that drops and all the jack etc is stored in a rear footwell locker.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member