or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

Charging battery question

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
northspoon   
Wed Jul 03 2019, 10:35am
Member No: #4689
I want to charge the battery on my 2015 C4GP Hdi Exclusive. I can see the + terminal, but can't get to the - one. Do I just clip the - to a part of the chassis? If so, does it matter where?
routemaster1   
Wed Jul 03 2019, 10:41am
Member No: #574
northspoon wrote ...

I want to charge the battery on my 2015 C4GP Hdi Exclusive. I can see the + terminal, but can't get to the - one. Do I just clip the - to a part of the chassis? If so, does it matter where?

Is there a problem with your battery; is stop-start not working?
northspoon   
Wed Jul 03 2019, 10:43am
Member No: #4689
Stop-Start has not worked for a long time. The car only gets short journey use, but I am going on a journey and leaving it at a friends house for a week. I want it to start after that week:)

I think I have found the answer on Google, there is a large round "lug" just the right of the battery on the bulkhead, to connect the negative from the charger.
tait   
Wed Aug 14 2019, 02:24am
Member No: #43791
so first: you need to remove the air filter. it on the lower right corner. There is a 2" air pipe to disconnect. fairly simple : one ring.
once the big air pipe is disconnected you simply pull the whole plastic air filter construction up. it is held only by gravity.
then you need to unfasten the battery but there is one more thing in your way:
electric board. as shown here: - Click Here -
it is fastened by 3 screws: 2 with easy access and one flat with hard access.
one you remove the wiring harness house you can continue to the battery itself and unsecure its bottom screws as well as top holder.
see some pics here : - Click Here -

then you can slide the battry out of its housing...

then you are almost done: - Click Here -
1 User said Thank You to tait for this Post :
 jsg1163 (14 Aug 2019 : 19:06)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member