or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Coupe and Hatch Pre 2011 cars :: Technical Questions

9649846780 Alternator help (C4 GRAND PICASSO)

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Hrp81134   
Thu Jun 27 2019, 11:47pm
Member No: #54024
Hi all. First time posting here so hopefully I can get the answers I need. I have an alternator from a citroen c4 grand picasso with a manufactures number of 9649846780 (150a). My question relates to the electrical connections to this unit. I understand the alternator(-) is connected via the physical bolt connection to the engine and the alternators (+ to battery) is via the large nut/bolt under the plug connection on the alternator ref (B+). I need to know what other electrical connections need to be connected to this alternator to make it work and produce sufficient charging current. What are the 2 pin connections in the plug on the alternator relating too??? I know you need to excite the alternator with the fault lamp current but at what point on the alternator does this need connecting too? Sorry if it doesnt all make sence I'm just spinning up a load of these alternators but other than the + and - connections on the alternator I just need to know how to excite it to create voltage/current for testing. Many thanks in advance.
FrankBullitt   
Fri Jun 28 2019, 12:59am

Member No: #19238
Somebody will be able to assist shortly, just to note I have deleted the other thread as duplicated answers dilute a topic for those searching
Hrp81134   
Fri Jun 28 2019, 01:03am
Member No: #54024
FrankBullitt wrote ...

Somebody will be able to assist shortly, just to note I have deleted the other thread as duplicated answers dilute a topic for those searching

Thanks mate. Dont use forums much so didn't realise it did that. Was just trying to get more people to view. Will look forward to responses

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member