or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

How to replace battery - C4 Picasso 2014?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
danlat1415   
Thu Jun 27 2019, 01:00pm
Member No: #48933
My car battery is 5 years old now and the stop start has not worked for the last 6 months or so and I keep getting ' economy mode' message when turning car on, despite driving enough to fully charge the battery (30-40 mins at a time).

So I think it's time to replace the battery.

Ive replaced batteries in older cars but I've never done a 'stop/start' car so I'm unsure if there is any different process or tools.

I know all about what battery is needed to replace with - it's just the actual replacement process I want to check.

Can anyone detail the replacement process?

Older cars just needed disconnecting, replacing, reconnecting, job done.

Car is a 2014 C4 Picasso 1.6 HDi
The battery is an AGM 096

Thanks
danlat1415   
Tue Jul 02 2019, 12:58pm
Member No: #48933
The battery is at the back of the engine bay with lots of covers and wires, so looked too complicated, so booked into local garage.
DeuxChevaux   
Tue Jul 02 2019, 04:38pm
Member No: #16472
Can't help with specifics but thought much the same with my 4 year old DS4. Took a bravery pill and a new AGM 096 battery and did the following.
Turned everything off, auto lights etc inc. Wound down drivers window and shut door and also opened bonnet. Went for a cuppa to give the car time to shut everything down.
Took off air cleaner cover and fuse box cover. Removed cover on top of battery to reveal lots of wire connectors with fuses. Fiddled around and found two (three?) clips that released them. Unclipped main power lead from battery. Undid 10 mm nut that realesed cable from fuse cable array that allowed it to be moved to the right a bit (as you look at it).Then pulled the plastic cover over the battery forward and up and it will slide out. Now its a long extension and 10mm socket and undo the bolt at the bottom of the battery left side as you look at it to release the battery. Then undo the post clamp with the same socket and extension at the back of the battery and lift off the terminal (bit of a fiddle). Now pull the battery forward and up and its out!
Put the battery back in in reverse but leave connecting power until the last thing.
Then its BSI reset procedure.
Connect power.
10 seconds later turn on sidelights (or headlights) without opening the door a few seconds later turn on ignition by reaching through the open window.
Then the internet info varies.
I then started my car. All worked perfectly.
Some sources say turn off ignition and then back on and start, no idea which is correct.
Reset clock time and date and thats it.
I don't see my DS4 being that different to others but it is a fairly intimidating procedure fo a first timer so make your own choice about getting it done for you or not.
After a short drive my stop start now works evry time whereas it wasn't working at all before. I am sure the battery would have gone on for some time in normal use but these newish AGM batteries do seem to have a shorter life and cost alot more than the older lead acid type of batteries.

My DS4 is a 180bhp EAT6 2015 model
1 User said Thank You to DeuxChevaux for this Post :
 Itchigo27 (29 Dec 2021 : 09:19)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member