or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Map showed an unexpected speed limit

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
wunny   
Mon Jun 24 2019, 12:34pm
Member No: #42824
Coming home today on the A40 towards Brecon, the top screen map was showing the relevant speed limits for the road as usual, but at one change it showed 37mph as the speed limit and stayed like that until the next change to 40mph.

Oddly strange. Never seen it before, and it hasn't done it since. Should have taken a photo!!

I really must get round to updating the sat nav!
bluehdi   
Mon Jun 24 2019, 03:17pm
Member No: #2617
I had exactly the same with my 2014 C4GP occasionally. The speed limit would show as some really odd figure and not the usual one read from the navigation database. Usually I noticed it on a 60 mph A road and it would be showing 37mph or 42.

I put it down to a bug, as the following day it would be fine!
1 User said Thank You to bluehdi for this Post :
 wunny (24 Jun 2019 : 15:47)
wunny   
Mon Jun 24 2019, 03:48pm
Member No: #42824
I shall just ignore it then!
stoic   
Tue Jun 25 2019, 04:52am
Member No: #49774
Most of the time the speed limit recognition works really well however it does have glitches.

I was in a traffic jam on the M1 and the speed limit icon changed to 80mph!! I eventually realised that it had seen the speed limit sign on the back of the lorry (80kph) in front of me.

The varying speed signs over the M1 (aka Smart Motorway) are recongised my the car which is handy.

If the car uses a camera to recognise road signs, how come some roads still say the old speed? For example, a road near me changed from 60 to 30mph. The 30mph signs are up however the speed recognition system does not recognise them and still displays the old "60".

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member