or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 2011 (B7) DS4 and DS4 CROSSBACK :: Ice and Sat Nav Questions

Sat Nav updates Picasso 2017 plate.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
EssexBoi   
Sat Jun 15 2019, 12:33pm
Member No: #53857
I have just updated both the touchscreen and TomTom software on my 2017 plate Picasso.
Having sat with the engine running for 2 hours + waiting for them to update, it occurs to me that the system wastes fuel and increases pollution, particularly when everyone is told to go green(er).
Mine is also the spawn of satan, being a diesel engine ...

Surely there is, (or could be), a more environmentally way of doing it?
bluehdi   
Sat Jun 15 2019, 01:23pm
Member No: #2617
Sadly this process is the same across the whole PSA range - Citroen, Peugeot and Vauxhall, as they all share the same tech.

Its been like it for many years now with units such as the SMEG, SMEG+, NAC Wave 1 & 2, RCC and so on.

I never even touched my SMEG+ unit firmware, installed in the B78 C4 Grand Picasso I had, for fear of failure during the process.

It may change in the future with the advent of completely different audio/telematics units in the range, but even the latest models such as the C5 Aircross, DS3 Crossback, Peugeot 508 all have exactly the same update process.

Over on the Peugeot forums, many owners just turn stop/start off and do their updates whilst driving around. Maps may be OK, but I wouldn't take the risk myself with either maps or in particular firmware, which if not completed correctly, or if the ignition is turned off, could render the whole unit 'bricked' requiring dealer replacement.
EssexBoi   
Sat Jun 15 2019, 01:50pm
Member No: #53857
It’s a shame, because their rivals Renault just plug a memory card in to update maps.
The other thing that makes me laugh is the inability of the voice to say anything properly.
I am assuming as there is only one English language voice it uses phonetics to make up the words, which makes for some interesting place names!
French towns are even more ridiculous, which is a shame, particularly for a french car ..

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member