or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Economy mode active - car won't start.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Natrey   
Sat Jun 15 2019, 02:49am
Member No: #53938
Hello,
I have a 2013 Grand C4 Picasso, diesel, semi-automatic. I was driving all day yesterday then went to pick my son up from school. I was quite early so sat in the car and stupidly had the radio on. When we went to go the car won't start. There is no noise at all when turning the key. It just has economy mode active on the dash. I have had no warning lights, the tank is quarter full. I have had to leave the car there and am busy today so will call roadside assistance tomorrow, but thought I would just check wether there is anything I could do before then.
Thank you,
Natalie
gittos   
Sat Jun 15 2019, 04:31am
Member No: #30055
Your battery is probably goosed, especially if it is the original from the car being new. Modern cars are very dependant on a strong battery as there are so many electronis systems, so, if yours is 5-6 years old it could well be the culprit
1 User said Thank You to gittos for this Post :
 Natrey (15 Jun 2019 : 13:58)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member