or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

2012 C4 GP heater/blower fault - Not working at all.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
MartinMR2   
Fri Jun 14 2019, 03:37pm
Member No: #53936
Hi,
Ive checked the other threads and found plenty of faults around the "only working on one setting", "only working on full blast". My fault has stopped the blowers all together, although they will kick back in for a few seconds every now and again (intermittent seeming fault).

The car is a 62 plate C4 Grand Picasso, 1.6d elec/auto gearbox.

Has anybody had this before and what did you do to fix it?

Sorry if this has been on before, as said I searched but only found the above threads. Thanks in advance.
MartinMR2   
Fri Jun 14 2019, 05:24pm
GO figure, after posting I carry on searching the forums back to 2012 and find this one:
http://c4owners.org/plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?165007

I'll give this one a go in the morning as this sounds most similar to my problem (heard the sloshing sound a couple of times upon startup after a rainy night but disappeared (and not into the foot-well) after the first few corners).
MartinMR2   
Sun Jun 16 2019, 08:49am
To keep you guys updated (if youre having similar problems), I removed, cleared and cleaned both drains by the wheel arches. Drivers side was clear anyway but the passenger side was completely blocked with mud and general [%*^#@!]. When I removed this one there was what can only be described as a lake's worth of water gushing out.
However, this was yesterday. Today ive been driving the car for a good few hours (im an Uber driver) until it started to rain again (and started to fog the windscreen up).

Does anybody else have any other ideas what could be completely stopping the blowers/heaters from working?
Thanks
gittos   
Sun Jun 16 2019, 09:42am
Member No: #30055
The water may have damaged the blower or electrics, but it may just dry out in a few days and start working...keep your fingers crossed.
1 User said Thank You to gittos for this Post :
 MartinMR2 (16 Jun 2019 : 10:31)
MartinMR2   
Sun Jun 16 2019, 03:18pm
Cheers bud.

Quick update:
Still no blowers, but heater appears to be working. Had it on full, to test, while out driving and got very warm very quickly. I dont know if that makes a difference.
MartinMR2   
Sat Jun 22 2019, 11:10am
Quick update for anyone with the same symptoms, the cars blowers started intermittently working a few days ago. Yesterday I did a full 8 hours driving with the blowers working throughout. They did indeed ‘just need to dry out’ for a while.

To sum, remove drains, clear and clean.
Leave to dry for a week.

I also changed the pollen filters (literal 15 minute job) as they were due anyway.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member