or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

possible clutch issue??

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Tuacathach   
Tue Jun 11 2019, 04:29pm
Member No: #53815
Right guys thanks for the advice when buying,, I ended up with a 2007 1.6 HDI
manual, we only bought it last week and all for the most part was going well. few little bits here and there to be done but nothing crazy, it was driving as it should without incident.

anyway... the wife drives up to the shops, we go in about our business come out and get into the car start it, all good.. go to put it in gear and its struggling to go in.... goes to second handier but still with an effort to push it through... . she got it home.. when engine is off goes up and down gears fine. when engine is started it struggles to go in, as in has to be pushed hard ... there is NO grinding or crunching and there were no tell signs of anything.. had a look under the bonnet and there is no sign of leaking or anything from the clutch or around the master cylinder,

it was a case of we got out and it was fine and got back in it wasnt..

now oddly enough, when we got home i put the kids to bed etc and went back out to the car when it had cooled down and drove around to a friends and it was perfect, no issues at all. I was out of the car for 2 mins got back in and it was doing it again..

have a few ideas myself but want to get the opinions from people that know these cars here and see, before i go into panic mode and start paying out money i dont need to.

thanks
rusky   
Wed Jun 12 2019, 04:10pm
Member No: #27768
sounds like the clutch needs bleeding.
Tuacathach   
Thu Jun 13 2019, 11:56am
Member No: #53815
Rusky, I think you may be right, it has become an intermittent issue that lasts for a couple of seconds now. I know where the bleed nipple is for it, where is the top up for these do you know
rusky   
Fri Jun 14 2019, 10:44am
Member No: #27768
I believe it's the same reservoir as the brakes

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member