or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

New to C4 Grand Picasso, looking for advice

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Tuacathach   
Tue May 28 2019, 05:45pm
Member No: #53815
Hi guys,

came across the forum while looking for some information, myself and wife are currently looking at a c4 grand picasso, link - Click Here -

for the most part I've researched common issues which there seems to be very few, but I thought it best to speak to the people who have them .. is there anything in particular i should look out for when buying that may not be obvious.

I am mechanically minded and know my way around an engine etc just looking for advice on this model .

thanks.
moleman   
Wed May 29 2019, 03:22am
Member No: #16299
At that mileage and age the timing belt should have been changed, check. Good record of oil changes essential. Window switches start to fail at this age. If it has air rear suspension it will fail at some time. The price seem high for a sold as seen. Usual checks, smoke from engine, brake wear, expensive if required. If looked after they last, but this is a very early model. Buyer beware.
iscom   
Wed May 29 2019, 04:22am
Member No: #20936
Welcome
I just had a quick look on the sellers listing for cars (only looked at 6) and none of them said "Sold As Seen" my advice would be walk away.
I have had five Citroen cars over the years other than normal service and wear and tear parts brakes tyres etc and only in my present car have I replaced the Timing belt and water pump any other faults and replacements have been what I would call "Nice To Have" parts i.e. Puddle light, lane departure fault, and headlight washer but when I bought the car I allowed for these (on any car)
Anyone can buy a car but if you have doubts walk away there will always be another car that will meet your needs and budget.
As for GP4 they are a great compered to other 7 seaters
moleman   
Wed May 29 2019, 05:26am
Member No: #16299
Would agree with the above, unless you are prepared to invest. Sold as seen for a reason.
TriumphGuy   
Wed May 29 2019, 07:02am
Member No: #47272
That particular C4GP is not an Exclusive so no rear air suspension to worry about. The only reservation I have is that fact that it is the 1.6HDi which has a habit of lunching turbos. This is mostly down to lack of regular oil changes so any service history will be reassuring. It would the first thing I would do and I would be using Total Quartz oil with a genuine oil filter to ensure the longevity of the turbo. I does have a short test so there might be issues when it is due.
Tuacathach   
Thu May 30 2019, 04:31am
Cheers for all the info guys, just to get it out of my system, I'm going to look at it anyway, but of course the old saying if in doubt walk away applies.

I have found another 2 to go look at as well so fingers crossed over the next week we pick something up.

We have looked at other large people carriers, but in all honesty the C4 is the one ticking the boxes for me. 3 kids one of which is autistic so we need the space in the car.

thanks again
iscom   
Fri May 31 2019, 02:46pm
Member No: #20936
Tuacathach wrote ...

Cheers for all the info guys, just to get it out of my system, I'm going to look at it anyway, but of course the old saying if in doubt walk away applies.

I have found another 2 to go look at as well so fingers crossed over the next week we pick something up.

We have looked at other large people carriers, but in all honesty the C4 is the one ticking the boxes for me. 3 kids one of which is autistic so we need the space in the car.

thanks again

Just seen this one but not sure if you was looking at manual or Auto - Click Here -
Tuacathach   
Sun Jun 02 2019, 11:05am
that one appears to be gone. I'm going to arrange to view this one. - Click Here -

iscom wrote ...

Tuacathach wrote ...

thanks again

Just seen this one but not sure if you was looking at manual or Auto - Click Here -

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member