or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

Help please!! Engine coolant temperature sensor fault..

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
MikeT_46   
Fri May 24 2019, 03:50pm
Member No: #53787
Hi all can somebody please advise...?
Hi have a 2007 C4 Grand Picasso, yesterday I was driving the vehicle when out the blue a warning light came on & a message saying STOP vehicle..
& as I pulled over the engine cut out. I called RAC , by the time the guy arrived (20/30 mins) the car started. The guy said he would follow me home to make sure car ok..Got home ok , but when turned engine off it would not restart. The RAC guy put a meter on the car & it came up with P0118 code which he said was the Engine coolant temperature sensor & showed me where it was on the engine. Said it's a 10 mins job to replace & I could probably buy it cheaper than he could supply it..
I'm fairly mechanical minded So thought I'd get 1 & change it.. bought 1 today, changed all ok , but now when car is started after (exactly) 15 seconds the fan starts & buzzer/loud beep sounds & dashboard display reads faulty coolant temperature sensor , the engine stop light comes on , the red water sign comes on & engine management light comes on .
So anybody have any ideas ??
Thank you..
MikeT_46   
Fri May 24 2019, 03:51pm
Member No: #53787
Oh forgot to say .. it's a 2.0 petrol engine.. 👍

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member