or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

Grand C4 rear caliper rewind

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
david_taurus83   
Fri May 17 2019, 02:50pm
Member No: #53741
Hi folks. New member here. It's been a while since I've been on a car forum. I come from a history of rusty old 90's Nissans and the last few years family life has been all encompassing so no time for anything! Our 16 plate Grand C4 needs the brake pads changing before first MOT in July. I've changed pads and discs many times before but not rears with an electric parking brake. I know how to release the parking brake by switching on ignition only and releasing. My question is does it rewind enough to enable me to them turn the caliper piston back?

Thanks in advance,

David
duxster   
Tue May 28 2019, 12:34pm
Member No: #49708
Hi

If you search the forum there are some posts I did about this. I replaced my rear disks and pads. After a bit of research and messing it proved quite easy.
You put the handbrake in manual and release it, obviously chock the front wheels. Remove wheel and look behind the caliper. You will see the electric motor which is held on with two small bolts. Remove both and pull the motor off. It has a rubber seal so can stick.

Where the motor spindle sits in the back of the caliper can insert am allen key wich i think is about 6mm and then it by hand to wind the piston back, can't remember which direction but it's easy to figure out. Once wound back you can remove the pads.

Once all replaced i re-attached motor wheels etc abd dropped car back on floor.

I then started car and manually applied hand brake using button. The motors wind for a while to adjust and then stop.

Deactivate manual hand brake and you are ready to go.

More detail is included in the other threads.

Hope that helps. I was a bit nervous thw first time but its actually easier due to no wind back tools needed.

Rob
iscom   
Tue May 28 2019, 04:07pm
Member No: #20936
This may help - Click Here -

Retracting the rear brake caliper pistons on the C4 Picasso Mk2

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member