or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

C4 Picasso I 1.6THP Turbo not kicking

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
tucfaz   
Sat May 11 2019, 09:21am
Member No: #53674
Hi,

New member here, driving a C4 Picasso I 1.6THP (EP6/AL4) and this car have traveled 190K KM.

Having problem with the turbo with codes P0299 and P2262 which seems to points to a few parts. the pressure solenoid, Watergate, and the diverter valve.

The car drives normally, but lack power, and the code will only show up at high rev between 3K-4K in 2nd or 3rd gear, like when climbing a slop.

I have checked and the wastegate seems to be operating normally, ie, unobstructed movement, and tested the actuation with a syringe, and it closes when I start the engine, and open when stop.

I have removed the diverter valve, and there are no tear on the diaphragm, and everything looks to be in place, and applying 12v the valve won't immediately open, and I need to give it a slight tap before the magnet pulls it in open position, and with engine started, the connectors measured 13+v, which mean it is in the correct open position at idle. but when I measure the resistance. it shows about 13ohms when hot and cold, and I remember reading somewhere that the DV should read between 30ohm to 50ohm when hot.

Hence, was hoping if any member here have any knowledge on this? ie, resistance specification for the diverter valve, or better still. How to properly test a diverter valve for our cars.

Thanks.

tucfaz   
Sun May 12 2019, 02:54am
Member No: #53674
Hi. Thought I will reply to my own question.

Did further check on the turbo and realized the wastegate actuator arm could be out of spec, as the lever have been adjust too far in the fully close position. about 10 turns in. Hope someone here can chime in on this?

As for the Diverter valve. After driving the car around the block to warm the engine, with the engine turn off, measured the resistance when the DV is very hot, and got intermittent reading. between 15ohms to open circuit, and while poking around measuring the resistance for about 1 or 2 minutes. I heard a pop, which is the diverter valve closing. Hence. Seems that even with the engine turn off, measured the connector and read no voltage. The valve is still energized internally.

I bench tested the DV and found it to be working normally, no tear, valve close when apply 12v, close (Pop up) when 12v is disconnected, but problem will show up when it is hot. The first time I did the test, I removed it and brought it home. and I guess the DV would have cooled down enough to not show any sign of problem. The second time. I tested with it under the hood.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member