or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

2015 C4P Exclusive+ parking brake fault.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
billy149uk   
Tue Apr 16 2019, 12:18pm
Member No: #53537
Hi, I have a 2015 C4P Exclusive+ which was serviced late January by my local garage. As.part of the service the front and rear brake pads were changed.

A while after my car developed an intermittent parking brake fault with the service light also coming on and a warning saying to take car to a garage for repair. If you played about with the parking brake switch it would clear itself. Then the gap between intermittent fault became shorter and shorter. Now I have no parking brake at all, the device light is on all the time and the warning to take car to have it repaired. The garage that serviced the car said it most likely would be the parking brake switch as this is usually the cause.

After replacing the switch with a new one and running a diagnostic check the problem is still there. Has anybody any idea what’s causing the parking brake from working, thanks.
billy149uk   
Wed Apr 17 2019, 04:59pm
Member No: #53537
Update, parking brake now working ok.Garage stripped rear offside wiring loom at side of petrol tank and found a broken wire.They repaired broken wire, all good now
Jimux   
Thu Apr 18 2019, 04:46am

Member No: #8137
I've heard of this before. There is some suggestion that tyre fitters using a jack midway along the sill to lift both wheels at once can cause this sort of damage. Always ensure that the proper jacking points are used when changing tyres.
1 User said Thank You to Jimux for this Post :
 billy149uk (Today)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member