or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso General questions

Heater

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Caz2457   
Mon Apr 15 2019, 10:10am
Member No: #51309
I have a 09 VTi Grand Picasso, and to be truthful the heater is hopeless, think my farts, are warmer {no, funny comments } Does anyone have an idea if it's standard for the car or is there a problem? There's no airlocks, takes hours to get car warm.
gittos   
Mon Apr 15 2019, 10:16am
Member No: #30055
I have had a C4P VTi and the heater worked well. It could be the thermostat is stuck open.
neilp   
Fri Apr 19 2019, 10:00am
Member No: #3384
Sounds like thermostat to me.
Jimux   
Mon Apr 22 2019, 04:28am

Member No: #8137
Your temperature gauge should rise to just before the centre point within about four miles from a cold start. The diesel models are slower to heat up than the petrol ones. Once there it should go up a few mm on a long steep hill, then drop back but not fall below the earlier point.
A more accurate diagnosis, without taking things apart is to get an OBD2 reader and a laptop or smartphone and read the actual water temperature. It should stay around 93C.
If all that looks okay then you could have a blocked air flap preventing the air being routed through the heater matrix. Leaves and pine needles can be a problem.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member