or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Maintenance Tips ALL variant C4 C4 Picasso and DS4 :: Maintenance and Repair Tips and Procedures.

2014 (B78) C4 Picasso 1.6HDi service and workshop manual

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Terry743   
Mon Mar 11 2019, 08:44am
Member No: #53308
Is it possible to buy a service and workshop manual for my car. I have tried buying it online from one supplier but ended up claiming my money back through Paypal as they sent me something very different. Citroen will not sell it to an individual and I would like to start servicing my car myself.
iscom   
Mon Mar 11 2019, 09:52am
Member No: #20936
You can download a manual 2004 to 2014 on line for 6 uk pounds its a large download so you need a lot of hard drive space
1 User said Thank You to iscom for this Post :
 Terry743 (12 Mar 2019 : 05:59)
BigJohnD   
Mon Mar 11 2019, 09:58am

Member No: #82
They're hard to find. A lot of online "service manuals" are nothing more than the Owner's Handbook which is a free download from Citroen: - Click Here -

Haynes Manuals are probably not yet available for such a recent model (B78) though I've seen the French equivalent in supermarkets in France. - Click Here -

Most of the routine stuff is relatively straightforward though often requires removal of various parts for access.
1 User said Thank You to BigJohnD for this Post :
 Terry743 (12 Mar 2019 : 05:59)
iscom   
Mon Mar 11 2019, 11:30am
Member No: #20936
There are a few on line with prices from 6 to 20+ ukpounds I have yet to see a hand book that is 18GBs (unless for a Boeing 747 ) but i think you can buy the DVD version
I must admit I am tempted to buy one
Terry743   
Tue Mar 12 2019, 06:04am
Member No: #53308
Thanks for the feedback. I think that the 2004 to 2014 version of the manual is for the previous model to mine. If anyone has found a manual for the B78 model then please include the link in your reply. The French manual looks ideal but I gave up French when I was 14! Also has anyone seen a service schedule for this model; I can at least make sure I am not going to miss a task at service.
BigJohnD   
Tue Mar 12 2019, 06:20am

Member No: #82
Re: the service schedule, there should be a service record with your car which includes details of the intervals and the items to be carried out. - Click Here - for some basic info.
1 User said Thank You to BigJohnD for this Post :
 Terry743 (13 Mar 2019 : 06:14)
Richard_C   
Tue Mar 12 2019, 09:14am
Member No: #46470
The French equivalent that BigJohnD referred to is the early B78. I had an RTA manual for my old Synergie/Evasion which I kept for 18 years, the manual is very good for detail and for the price I thought useful. Combining the information in it with some general common sense/experience got me through most things. It looks like they have made them more user friendly - they were on cheap paper black and white apart from the cover.

Most of the translation is obvious - there's a picture, a key and a word. If you know what the bits look like you don't need to worry much. You can use Google for anything else (type in translate: then the word, try it with translate:soupapes). Sing huile meet again while you change the oil.

The service schedule is difficult. Some items are on time, some on mileage. Every one has oil and oil filter change, but some filters are at or before 32k miles. Other bits differ. We have a good Citroen workshop nearby, when I booked mine in for its last service we concluded that it would be over 32k by the next service so better do the air filter. I don't think Citroen or many others publish a major/minor service list these days.
1 User said Thank You to Richard_C for this Post :
 Terry743 (13 Mar 2019 : 06:14)

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member