or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Please remove

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
JonnyO   
Sun Mar 10 2019, 08:54am
Member No: #53232
-
Richard_C   
Sun Mar 10 2019, 06:29pm
Member No: #46470
The flaps that control distribution are driven by small motors, you can hear them work to close the inlets if you listen carefully for about a minute after switching ignition off (they motor shut to stop airflow when the car is parked). They are a known failure on C5s but don't know about C4.

Sounds like the system is giving the right messages about hot/cold and the main flaps that blend fresh/hot/cold over the ac and heating matrices are working as they should if one side gets hot.

Some things you could try for free as a mini diagnostic - no idea if they would work - are to get engine warm and via the touchscreen:

Direct air to windscreen/face/floor in turn and see if anything changes.

Set temperature to max (26, 28?) on the affected side and see if anything changes

Go one level down in the menu and set to mono (that sets left and right hand to work in unison) - does anything change.

Set fan manually to max, in my old C5 a leaf got into the duct on one side, thought I might have a flap motor failure but a few minutes on max fan and it blew the bits out and all was well. Long shot I know.

If one side stays resolutely cold then its likely a flap motor not working, which could either be motor failed or the 'brain' not telling it to open. For me that would mean a trip to the dealer for a few £££ diagnostic but you might be able to locate the motor, don't know in a C4 Pic.

Its all so awkward to get at - I had a car once, don't recall which, when I convinced myself that they must have hung the heater matrix on the conveyor line as the first component and then built the whole car around it.

1 User said Thank You to Richard_C for this Post :
 Harsh187 (23 Mar 2019 : 18:58)
Wutang   
Mon Mar 11 2019, 07:03am
Member No: #46858
Hi

mine is the same, things I have done so far are check ecu is functioning correctly, check the servo motors are operating correctly, change the pollen filters whilst I was in there. it is definitely a side thing as it is cold drivers side no matter what function you use, windscreen, feet or face. I am going to pull the heater matrix out at the weekend and check that, after that I may have to give in and go to the dealer.

Richard
1 User said Thank You to Wutang for this Post :
 Harsh187 (23 Mar 2019 : 18:46)
JonnyO   
Sat Mar 16 2019, 12:32pm
-
Harsh187   
Sat Mar 23 2019, 06:58pm
Member No: #47689
Hi, was wondering what was going on for a while, I have the same problem but with the complete driver side, my mechanic had a look few weeks back and said it was the controller on the drivers side that was not working correctly, but he also said it mite be part of a complete unit so dealer stealers mite be asking for £££, The AC works perfectly on both sides, I am going to try the tips from @richard_c said, and have a chat with the parts department at Citroen next so I’ll keep you posted
JonnyO   
Fri Apr 26 2019, 08:53am
-
Dannyboyski   
Fri Apr 26 2019, 10:18am
Member No: #53584
Ours has a heater recall.... not sure if this applies to you or not but worth checking with Citroen.

ours is booked in next week. so not sure what it involves yet. we currently have zero heat.
iscom   
Fri Apr 26 2019, 11:42am
Member No: #20936
I read many of the posting on this site even though I have no problems as often described but I just wish when people have problems they would list the car they have or list it in their profile
"Ours has a heater recall.." I am left wondering if this would be my car also. Sorry
Dannyboyski   
Fri Apr 26 2019, 12:49pm
Member No: #53584
iscom wrote ...

I read many of the posting on this site even though I have no problems as often described but I just wish when people have problems they would list the car they have or list it in their profile
"Ours has a heater recall.." I am left wondering if this would be my car also. Sorry

Mine is a 2.0 hdi 2014 CGP.

I'm not prepared to share the vin I'm afraid and nor do I know which vins are affected.

check here to see if yours has any outstanding recalls. - Click Here -

if it does, get in touch with Citroen service and they will tell you exactly what the recall is for.
gittos   
Fri Apr 26 2019, 01:15pm
Member No: #30055
The gov.uksite will only show safety recalls not "technical" recalls like yours, only a dealer will be able to tell you that
BigJohnD   
Sat Apr 27 2019, 06:46am

Member No: #82
Recalls are listed by the VIN. There can be many variations of engine, gearbox and trim.
JonnyO   
Thu Jun 06 2019, 05:42am
-
Wutang   
Thu Jun 20 2019, 08:15am
Member No: #46858
I have not had much time to look at this but am increasingly of the opinion that my heater matrix needs a proper flushing. after some investigation I have found out that in my cars past history it had a coolant leak and think someone has tried to fix this by using a bottle of sealer gunk in it. the leak turned out to be fixed by replacing the coolant cap. I suspect the gunk has blocked the path ways in the heater matrix. If I turn my fan off and let it run for a bit then turn the temp to high and restart the fan I will get a blast of lovely hot air that tales off in temp to luke warm, suggesting it is all functioning as it should but is not getting sufficient flow on the side feeding the drivers side to heat the air.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member