or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Ice and Satnav questions

2019-1 Maps

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
matjam   
Tue Feb 12 2019, 09:53am
Member No: #47314
For those that are interested the 2019-1 maps are available for download from non-Citroen locations (although the links do ultimately point to Citroen).
I updated my maps last night.
1 User said Thank You to matjam for this Post :
 iscom (12 Feb 2019 : 11:05)
northspoon   
Thu Feb 28 2019, 09:06am
Member No: #4689
Disappointed that this update has not appeared yet on the official Citroen website. Anyone know when this should happen?
EbraheemSalama   
Thu Feb 28 2019, 09:17am
Member No: #53234
Hello
How can I download maps for Egypt?
Thank you
WillyRose   
Fri Mar 01 2019, 02:02am
Member No: #53230
I'm a new owner of a brand new secondhand 2015 Grand Picasso.
It was either the App or the My Citroen site that indicated a map update was available.
Bit of a palaver to download it, though - all my USBs have stuff on them, so making an empty one required some juggling.
Anyway, I now have a USB with the extracted files.
How long has it taken you to do the update?
And does the engine really have to be running the whole time?
All the best,
Clive
Richard_C   
Fri Mar 01 2019, 02:33am
Member No: #46470
Yes to engine running, the battery saver system is quite conservative so will switch off the whole unit after about 10 minutes long before job is done. Whole thing takes 1 hour or so but I deselect places I am not likely to drive to, most of central and eastern Europe,. Portugal etc. Then it takes 20 mins. You can always add the others later.
matjam   
Fri Mar 01 2019, 03:16am
Similar to Richard, I just update UK and France as they're the ones I need.
Even though this is the latest update, it's still not got all the re-worked roads around M1 J24A / A50. Hopefully next time.

northspoon   
Fri Mar 01 2019, 03:38am
Member No: #4689
Sorry to post again, but when I go to the Citroen website the map update says it is 42006 zip which I thought was the 2018-2 map update. When will it be replaced with the 2019-1 maps?
Richard_C   
Fri Mar 01 2019, 05:41am
No idea - Citroen seem to be particularly bad at keeping anything web based up to data. There is a 42009 France only zip which I presume has the new lower speed limits in it - it's not just about the speed display which is pretty useless anyway, the algorithm needs the new limits to give you arrival times and find quickest route.

I wonder if the new speed limits will have unintended consequences for some towns - if the ring road limit is now 80 kph not 90 kph there must be cases where the machine calculates that straight through the centre at 50 kph is theoretically quicker. Sleepytown-on-Loire now full of through traffic cars and trucks all day as most people just do what the screen tells them.***

(Matjam - I always put Benelux in as well, small database so loads quickly. You never know when/if you might need to divert to Oostende or even further to get home, or pop over the Belgian border to buy fries with mayonnaise.)

*** an aside. A few years back I was on my then annual Friday trip from Calais to near Geneva ready for next day skiing. Just outside Calais a distinctive big Merc went past me like a rocket, and I was doing 130kph+. Arrived at hotel, about 6, had very long relaxed dinner, went to car park to get something about 11 pm and in rolled that Merc. Saw him in the bar a bit later still, said it had taken him ages, bad traffic in centre of Troyes, big hold up in Dijon, and road very slow over the alpine pass down into Lausanne. Then it twigged - set satnav to shortest and do exactly what it says ......

matjam   
Fri Mar 01 2019, 06:10am
Richard, We have been talking of going to Belgium so I will update that map too at some point. I think it's still at 2013 level. I'll have to re-make my USB image though!

Re the logic behind the different mapping methods, I probably trust 'shortest' the least. I try and view the route it's picked but it's so awkward to do. What I usually do it set my stand-alone satnav (Igo Primo) and use it in conjunction with the Citroen one which will have the voice turned off!
routemaster1   
Fri Mar 01 2019, 06:17am
Member No: #574
Richard_C wrote ...

A few years back I was on my then annual Friday trip from Calais to near Geneva ready for next day skiing. Just outside Calais a distinctive big Merc went past me like a rocket, and I was doing 130kph+. Arrived at hotel, about 6, had very long relaxed dinner, went to car park to get something about 11 pm and in rolled that Merc. Saw him in the bar a bit later still, said it had taken him ages, bad traffic in centre of Troyes, big hold up in Dijon, and road very slow over the alpine pass down into Lausanne. Then it twigged - set satnav to shortest and do exactly what it says ......

I had this kind of thing happen to me in Italy a few years ago. The trouble is that there are never enough options. My Tomtom has options for shortest, quickest and avoid motorways. My C4GP has 4 options but none to avoid motorways. I am not a huge fan of autoroutes, autobahns and motorways; there is an option to avoid tolls which is OK for France, Switzerland and Austria but not for toll-free Belgium, Netherlands and Germany.

What I want is to be able to program a reasonably fast but often motorway free route, so my modus operandi is to plan the route on a map, then use the satnav in small chunks, obviously having to stop to reprogram (or for Mrs RM1 to do so if she can remember how!)
Richard_C   
Fri Mar 01 2019, 08:09am
is to plan the route on a map, then use the satnav in small chunks, obviously having to stop to reprogram (or for Mrs RM1 to do so if she can remember how!)

You can force the SMEG to do some things by adding waypoints, the can be quite specific, I use Wattle Syke to take me up the A1 to just south of Wetherby to go to Otley, if I leave it to its own devices it wants me to go through Leeds. (not that I've anything against Leeds but it can get jammed up)
WillyRose   
Fri Mar 01 2019, 02:18pm
Is there any way to access a progress bar as maps are updating?
After"Identification of media" and "Checking compatibility" messages the screen returned to normal functionality.
I guess the user interface guy was on holiday when they designed the update process...
matjam   
Fri Mar 01 2019, 02:28pm
Not sure if you can see this link
- Click Here -

But that has instructions on how to apply the maps + extras if you know what you are doing.
1 User said Thank You to matjam for this Post :
 WillyRose (01 Mar 2019 : 17:44)
WillyRose   
Sat Mar 02 2019, 11:16am
matjam - your installation guide was excellent, much more helpful than the one I downloaded from Citroen.
matjam   
Sun Mar 03 2019, 02:30pm
WillyRose wrote ...

matjam - your installation guide was excellent, much more helpful than the one I downloaded from Citroen.

Hi WillyRose - I'm afraid I can't take credit for those instructions. I think I found them referenced on a Peugeot forum. But I agree - they are very good.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member