or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso (B78) General Questions

Halfords Fitting DashCam

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
stoic   
Fri Aug 10 2018, 03:04pm
Member No: #49774
Thanks however I need a permanent 12v. Does the 12v socket stay energised when the engine is off?
routemaster1   
Fri Aug 10 2018, 04:01pm
Member No: #574
stoic wrote ...

Thanks however I need a permanent 12v. Does the 12v socket stay energised when the engine is off?

As far as I know, all three sockets are switched of with the 'ignition' off. Also, some circuits may be switched off by the economy mode cutting in. Would that be an issue?
Magistrate   
Sat Aug 11 2018, 12:36am
Member No: #1731
routemaster1 wrote ...

stoic wrote ...

As far as I know, all three sockets are switched of with the 'ignition' off. Also, some circuits may be switched off by the economy mode cutting in. Would that be an issue?

That is correct. To have a permanent live supply the only way is to have a fused live feed from the positive terminal of the battery but running a wire through the bulkhead is problematic.
gittos   
Sat Aug 11 2018, 10:24am
Member No: #30055
Wutang wrote ...

I have fitted the thinkware F770 two camera setup to mine with the hard wire kit, I used piggy back fuse connections in the passenger side fuse box ( my set up requires a switched live and a permanent live as the unit has a parking mode.) the negative was connected to an earth point on the passenger side. all works perfectly with all cables run through the trim and head lining for both front and rear cameras.

Took about 2 hours all in, worst part was accessing the fuse board due to the stupid location and the wireing loom running in front of it.

Richard

How did you route the cable from your rear camera? I've not done mine yet...some pointers would be much appreciated.
Miles   
Sun Feb 10 2019, 05:49pm
Member No: #53088
gittos wrote ...

Wutang wrote ...

I have fitted the thinkware F770 two camera setup to mine with the hard wire kit, I used piggy back fuse connections in the passenger side fuse box ( my set up requires a switched live and a permanent live as the unit has a parking mode.) the negative was connected to an earth point on the passenger side. all works perfectly with all cables run through the trim and head lining for both front and rear cameras.

Took about 2 hours all in, worst part was accessing the fuse board due to the stupid location and the wireing loom running in front of it.

Richard

How did you route the cable from your rear camera? I've not done mine yet...some pointers would be much appreciated.

Hello Richard,

i am fairly new to Citroen just got mine 2 weeks ago and planning to hardwire a dash cam F770 2ch...
Fuse box looks like a nightmare with all those thick wires in front of the fuses.

My question is:

Is it ok to unplug those thick wires from their sockets and than reach out to the fuses?
Or is there a way to reach to the fuses, like buying an extra long nose pliers?

Any help about hard wiring will be much appreciated (routing the cable to rear camera etc.)

iscom   
Mon Feb 11 2019, 03:20am
Member No: #20936
You can connect to the OBD socket which has a live connection you can also buy a socket that plugs in to OBD with a on/off switch
1 User said Thank You to iscom for this Post :
 Miles (11 Feb 2019 : 05:53)
Miles   
Mon Feb 11 2019, 06:01am
iscom wrote ...

You can connect to the OBD socket which has a live connection you can also buy a socket that plugs in to OBD with a on/off switch

Thank you.

There is 3 cables that needed to fitted in the fuse box

1) ACC = ignition-switched power. Wire to a fuse that only has power when your vehicle is on
2) B+ = Constant, always-on power
3) Ground = To be attached to a secure grounding point. ie Unpainted bolt.

I will be taking the car to service on 18th of Feb for tailgate washer pipe replacement. Also I will ask the technician what can be done.

Will update here as well..
Wutang   
Tue Feb 12 2019, 03:17am
Member No: #46858
Hi , sorry didn't dip back in to this thread so missed all the questions.

For the rear camera it is attached to the top of the inside rear window the cable jumps across the gap and is then tucked up in to the head lining round the back and all the way down the passenger side then across to the main camera unit located at the top of the windscreen drivers side.

The hard wire power kit is connected to the fuse board using two piggy back fuse adapters, one for permanent live, one for switched live. the ground is connected to a bolt earth point on the passenger side just up from the fuse board (that was a [%*^#@!] to connect as I have large hands so lost a fair amount of skin. the cable then runs up the a pillar under the trim across the top and in to main unit, cables cable tied to the pipe bit that goes down to the mirror.

I cant remember exactly which fuses I went in to, I will look at the weekend. I did not unplug anything but did buy an extra long fuse puller and was armed with a good set of long nose pliers.

I think its worth doing as I wanted the parking mode function ( the thinkware 770 records in time lapse mode when parked up from both cameras.) and I hate having things plugged in to the 12v sockets and cables trailing all over the place.

Richard
1 User said Thank You to Wutang for this Post :
 Miles (12 Feb 2019 : 05:57)
Miles   
Tue Feb 12 2019, 06:04am
Thank you Richard,

It really helped a lot to figure out the image in mind, just ordered the camera, also I am going to check with the warranty department about installing something myself rather than service, you know some times they do not cover if something goes wrong in the electrical system, even it has nothing to do with the amendment we done and we kind a blamed for that reason. if you know what I mean.

I am really looking forward to do it my self, and get the premier member account upload every step, hopefully.
lghw   
Tue Mar 05 2019, 12:42pm
Member No: #53136
@gittos - I'm just installing a dashcam and following a similar setup to you. How do you get the cable underneath the bit of trim that says "airbag" on it?

I was able to pull it away a little at the end towards the rear of the car and push the cable behind and down to the door trim, but I couldn't pry it away enough to have the cable cut down behind it ahead of the sun visor. My cable now sort of sits parallel to the sun visor rail in the hope that my passenger won't be so rough with it. It's not ideal, and it'd be nice to go straight from the edge of the windscreen down to the door trim.
gittos   
Tue Mar 05 2019, 02:13pm
Member No: #30055
I got my finger behind the trim on the left as in the photo, then you can gently ease the top away just enough to feed the cable behind and then behind the door seal.
Sithering   
Sat Sep 07 2019, 10:53am
Member No: #54486
I used Gitto's method to intall mine the other day and it was a doddle. Thanks for the helpful pics!

WillyRose   
Wed Feb 08 2023, 05:02am
Member No: #53230
gittos wrote ...

Did you take this side trim off? or just pull it ajar and wedge the lead behind it?
I was put off prising it off by the AIRBAG badge!

Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member