or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: C4 Picasso and Grand Picasso - PRE 2013 only :: C4 Picasso Problems and issues

C4 GP faulty Parking Brake Switch

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
lloydm76   
Tue May 01 2018, 08:53am
Member No: #51079
KenC wrote ...

It's easy, You just need to unclip the trim that surrounds the leaver. Open one of the dash top box lids makes removing trim easier. Then you can see all of the leaver and it should be self apparent from there.
It's taken me longer to reply to you than it would to do the job!
New leaver cost me around £30

I have this issue now, I cant seem to find the right part for my GC4, do you have a part number or better description? thanks
Suffolk   
Mon Oct 15 2018, 05:26am
Member No: #30199
my 3rd C4 , this is a 10 plate and had for 2 months. Happy with it but...

my pull brake has more movement one side and im wondering if this is the first sign of something broken off.

i hate rattles etc, and I have something sliding from side to side. just behind that switch or the air fresh pod, the Fakra aerial connection earthed out somehow so i removed the radio to fix the aerial and left the radio out in the hope of finding the offending item, but its slightly higher than the radio. anyone else have this when their switch failed or has someone stuffed a pen cap in an air vent
TVRV8S   
Tue Jan 15 2019, 05:04am
Member No: #52556
Is the 470702 Citroen part the same as the 470706 Peugeot part does anyone know?

The look exactly the same in pictures.
TheBeast   
Tue Sep 01 2020, 05:35am
Member No: #56818
Hi All, sorry its my first post, so apologies if this question been asked before and kindly direct me to the link.or anyone with diagnostic around Wakefield, West Yorkshire?

I have a 7 seater, C4 grand picasso exclusive plus 2016 diesel 1.6 . It has an electric hand brake fault,

I have plugged it onto a diagnostic machine and have come up with the following codes:

(C156C)Electric Parking brake (FSE) actuator sensors: short circuit to positive or short circuit to earth or open circuit.
I have already changed the green colour brke switche. There is nothing wrong with that. I have to mention the fault use to disappeared at the beginning by restarting the car. Turning off and on but now it stays and the alarm can be annoying as soon as you open the door. Hand brake won't engage. Dash shows two amber warnings one with Parking sign and the other with automatic parking off.

Has this happened to anyone before and is there a way of fixing this instead of taking it to the dealers!

I appreciate your responses.

Thanks,
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member