or Login >>         
C4 - DS4 Owners :: Forums :: Citroen C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) 2013 onward :: C4 Picasso and Grand C4 Picasso (B78) Problems and Issues

Interior temperaure regulation issue

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
dmilicev   
Fri Jan 11 2019, 08:29am
Member No: #52856
C4 Grand Picasso (purchased as new in 2016), Blue HDI 2.0

I have an intermittent (completely unpredictably and irregularly occurring) issue with interior (ambient, cabine) temperature regulation.

After a longer ride, but only sometimes, the interior becomes extremely warm, no matter what the temperature is set (regardless the side). In summer, the aircon is not activated (or at least it appears to be ineffective), and in winter, the heating is not regulated (reduced). Still, there are periods of regular behavior.

In addition, when the aircon starts behaving like described, when I try to switch on/off A/C and AUTO mode, the control gets stuck into one of the modes and does not want to change the state (does not react on commands). Restarting the engine does not help.

I have visited the local authorized dealer's worshop and they could not help: there are no logged errors, there are no idnicated faults of all devices (at least they say so after having completed the prescribed diagnostic procedure), and they could not reproduce the fault, so they returned the vehicle without intervention.

Looks like something related with temperature sensors or control/regulation unit.

Any instructions/advice/directions to help?! Thanks!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, Forum Moderator, Forum Moderator, Premier Member, Technical Expert, New C4 and DS4 Forum Moderators, Member